What to do with luggage if room is not ready?

Sandi149

Yes it's a cruise to nowhere.

Here is a quote from another post that I had about the cruise regarding the luggage.

"Everything was the same except there was no cruise director. You brought all your luggage on and off the ship."

That's not the first time I have seen someone say that there are no porters on a CTN.

I will have to carry my luggage on and off the ship.

So can I just put it in the cabin while the steward is making up the room?

what is a CTN? cruise to nowhere? i'm sure they will still have porters.

you are right CTN is cruise to nowhere.

I never heard of no porters, but we have on all our Carnival cruises been allowed to drop whatever carryons we had at the room with no problems. Now on RCL we were not allowed to go to the room until they anounced it and just had to take our bags with us where ever we went (to the bar) until the rooms were ready.

It would be great if they do have porters, but from what I read from people who took the CTN on the Carnival Legend out of NY, there were no porters. I hope I'm at least able to drop the bags off in the cabin because having to carry them all over the ship will be a major pain.

It really should be a non-issue for a Cruise To Nowhere.

Most of those are usually 3 days or shorter. So I would imagine only a small rolling suitcase and maybe a backpack would be enough.

In that case, if the room isn't ready it wouldn't be too hard to take your stuff around with you. But chances are good that the room will be ready when you get onboard unless you're like me and show up at the pier really early lol.

Archived