How to Bring Rum on Carival

lls-con

I came up with the idea of putting rum into a plastic apple cider/apple juice container because I thought the color would be close. Do you think that would work?

Thanks,

Lisa

fresh off the Elation, we had friends that carried 3 liter water bottles, and went to the liquor stores in port, poured their clear vodka, rum, etc. into the water bottles and walked right back on the boat. they then poured into smaller water bottles, and carried them around the ship and into the nightclubs and ordered sodas the entire night....adding a bit of their "water" to their sodas.....cheap way to get drunk as I found out. SO YES, IT DOES REALLY WORK!

I would just put a bottle of rum in a zip lock so it doesn't leak and just pack it in the middle of one of your Checked Baggage. Face it if you fet caught you just loose the bottle until you return. All this putting it into other containers does not decrease your chance of getting caught with it. Face it chances of them finding it in checked luggage is about 3% and that is because of leakage.

A good way to get rum on board is to pour it down your throat while you are in post, and then just walk on the ship. I've never heard of rum smuggled that way being being confiscated.;)

Half the ship does that in Cozumel. Its called Carlos & Charlie's. Sometimes its the best entertainment in the islands,:D sometimes you're the entertainer.:eek:

As a Smuggle policeman, I have no problems with smuggling booze this way. Ahhh, other than hangovers.

Dan

Well, I know this will not be good for the "good wine" enthusiasts, but I found "Block Wine", It's literally a cardboard boxed wine that is 5"x5"x5". It's a "boxed wine", (in a plastic bladder) but it's very good! I'm looking forward to bringing it with me on RCI Monarch of the Seas in November. From what I've been reading, RCI does not allow any alcohol to be brought on the ship. From a previous poster, I learned to drain a boxed wine, then re-fill it with whatever I like (ie: scotch, vodka, rum). I found this wine cube (literally 5"x5"5") from Grocery Outlet for $1.99...and beleive it or not the wine is actullay pretty good! It regularly sells for $8.95....... I plan on bringing a little wine (block wine) as well as a "bladder" of scotch on my next cruise. A big thanks to the other poster who suggested this!!

It cuts down on the profits derived from selling overpriced drinks at their bars.

Yes, that, and also it lets the cruise line avoid some liability if, for example, some spring break kid smuggles liquor into their cabin, drinks themself into a stupor, and stumbles unseen over the rail and into oblivion. If they were getting drunk in a bar the cruise line may be liable, but if they "prohibit" bringing in liquor and someone does it anyway, it's their fault and not the cruise line's.

So do they 'police' the bars as well. What stops someone to get just down

drunk and do something stupid, like that hasn't happen. Do they stop them

via the sign n sail card?

:D Not that I've seen. I've seen people (my Brother included) totally drunk from buying drinks onboard.

Archived