Dawn rooms 8130 & 8132

JoeTec

I have seen the pics of the rooms. We are traveling in a party of 8. Me, mY husband, our 4 kids ages 18, 15, 12 & 7 plus my mom & brother. My mom is the one who booked everything - the travel agent told her these rooms sleep 4 is it really possible? to me they look too small. Not that we will be in the room much anyway mostly to sleep but was wondering if anyone had any info.

Hummm, seems like it's going to be crowded to me. OP mentioned 4 adults and 4 kids but the kids are 18, 15, 12 and 7. At the very least, I would count the 18 and 15 year old as adults (and possible the 12 yo). Sounds crowded to me. If chickie19020 is correct, at least one of the rooms (and probably both) have one fold-down wall bed and the fourth bed is the trundle. JoeTec, if you are not familar with the trundle, it pulls out from one of the twin beds and you end up with three twin beds side by side. I gather the one in the middle in lower than the two on the outside.

If you end up staying with these rooms and they are as described, maybe some of you can/will shower in the gym/work-out area. I read that quite a few people have done that and it worked for them.

thanks for the replies. Is the pull down bed like a bunk bed? yes my 2 oldest are bigger than both my H & me. My youngest though is a little peanut so he basically doesn't even count.

I was just reading of other people having only 2 in their cabin & getting the really big rooms - I guess I was just jealous:)

I know it sounds like it was going to be really tight but we have slept in worse.

Yes, the pull down similiar to a bunk bed. It connects to the wall and it 'flops' down. It can be folded up when not in use. Our first cabin had one and DD (~12 at the time) enjoyed it.

I understand about feeling tight, we have always booked larger insides for the extra floor space and they are cheaper than the OV/balcany cabin. When we do Alaska or Hawaii, the priority may change :rolleyes: .

We had similar cabins on the Spirit last year and my 4 teens (then 18,16,14 and 12) shared the cabin. One of the boys is 6'6", and the other was 5'10", with both girls at 5'7" back then. They managed just fine - yes it was cosy, but there was plenty of room for clothes (take extra hangers and one (or more) of the hanging shoe racks for toiletries and other little, easy to lose things.

The flip down bunk is a full sized single bed, and very strong - made for adults, not just kids. The smallest bed was the trundle, but my husband slept on it one night when my youngest wasn't feeling well and had to bunk in with me, and he managed just fine.

My theory is that you only sleep and shower in the cabin - and my older teens don't seem to do much of the sleeping part - so it's not such a big deal. It actually encouraged the kids to keep things a bit tidier than at home!!!!:)

To add to the above:) , the kids are very excited to be doing a cruise on the Dawn this Dec.- with inside cabins again (and they've grown some since last spring) so obviously it wasn't too much of a squeeze or too uncomfortable - hey, who can complain when you can eat, relax and enjoy a beautiful ship for 10 days!!

thanks for the replies. Is the pull down bed like a bunk bed? yes my 2 oldest are bigger than both my H & me. My youngest though is a little peanut so he basically doesn't even count.

I was just reading of other people having only 2 in their cabin & getting the really big rooms - I guess I was just jealous:)

I know it sounds like it was going to be really tight but we have slept in worse.

From an inside but same bed arrangement as outside that has 15 more square footage.

796584389_3rdBed.jpg.0dfefc8887f53036454fb00bda07a0e1.jpg

Archived