Tell me about strapless bras...

so there

Do they really work? Some of the gowns I'm interested in really need one. I'm not a large woman, but after having kids and passing the 40 mark, things just aren't where they should be. :eek:

Can any of you recommend a good brand?

And what's this I've heard about duct tape? Is someone kidding? What exactly do you tape them to?

see this post about using specific kinds of tape for a "lift".... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=412682

Also, there are so many different strapless bras...it depends on which ones fit you well and what you prefer.

I just got one at Target, a push up strapless/convertible bra - their Gilligan O'Malley line. Very reasonable price, and I like it.

So there,

I have had trouble finding the perfect strapless and have used the extra wide medical tape. I have found that you can get the "Exact" look you are going for with a little practice. I also feel a bit more secure and have never had a problem while dancing. Trust me ! When I finish the results are pretty close to a magic trick...

As for taking it off - I found the best way to handle this situation is to take a shower while still wearing your little creation.

Do they really work? Some of the gowns I'm interested in really need one. I'm not a large woman, but after having kids and passing the 40 mark, things just aren't where they should be. :eek:

And what's this I've heard about duct tape? Is someone kidding? What exactly do you tape them to?

Strapless bras hold themselves up fine & also come with removeable straps so you aren't restricted to wearing just as a strapless. I love mine, & I got them from Foleys & JC Penneys at their recent bra sales.

The duck tape thingy is funny. I was wondering the EXACT same thing last night. I too have had 2 children, in my late 40's (OCT 2, 1957) anyhow, I can't for the life of me figure out how you tape up your breasts for say a backless dress. Hmmmmmmmmm can someone help us out.

Try JCPenney.com That's where I got mine. They have strong support...my girls need support...and they are very reasonable.

I wouldn't think toupee tape would hold the girls in place, but it would help to keep a gaping or very low cut dress from exposing the girls to the room. It's a double sided tape.

Be careful about using any type of tape on sensitive skin. I know my skin comes off with just a bandaid in that very sensitive area. Test the tape before you tape the whole area, especially before you use it on vacation.

It took my skin longer to heal from the wound of the pulled off skin than the wound it was covering, plus being very painful. I used surgical tape, sensitive skin tape, nothing worked.

Try JCPenney.com That's where I got mine. They have strong support...my girls need support...and they are very reasonable.

I have a question about JC Penney & JC Penney.com. I rarely shop there, so I would like to know if the same bras are available in the store, as online.

I wish that minimizer strapless bras would be more plentiful.

Barb

I have a question about JC Penney & JC Penney.com. I rarely shop there, so I would like to know if the same bras are available in the store, as online.

I wish that minimizer strapless bras would be more plentiful.

Barb

Not always. Sometimes the stores will carry something that is not a catalog item, and vise versa.

Oh my gosh, DON'T USE DUCT TAPE .......

We had a friend whose daughter used duct tape under her prom gown. She almost ended up in emergency when they tried to remove the tape from her chest. It took them hours to get it off and a lot of her skin came with it ... extremely painful.

I've been very happy with the strapless bras from Victoria Secret. They stay up and stay in place. Comfortable to wear too.

Wacoal brand. Expen$ive, but worth it. It stays in place, and has removable straps that can be worn a number of different ways, but an expert "fitter" is most helpful. There might be a Wacoal "copycat" at certain department stores, but I bought the actual brand.

I'm a DD, so its HARD to find great strapless bras. So far, the best I have found is the Frederick's of Hollywood (we don't have Victoria Secret here) Hollywood Extreme strapless bra. It comes in ALL sizes, and also has removable straps. I have it in the 3 basic colors and my mom has a few too. She LOVES it.

Here is a link: http://www.fredericks.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Holiday2002&category%5Fname=Convertible&product%5Fid=52405

Oh my gosh, DON'T USE DUCT TAPE .......

We had a friend whose daughter used duct tape under her prom gown. She almost ended up in emergency when they tried to remove the tape from her chest. It took them hours to get it off and a lot of her skin came with it ... extremely painful.

I've been very happy with the strapless bras from Victoria Secret. They stay up and stay in place. Comfortable to wear too.

You beat me to it.

If someone is going to tape 'em, dont use duct tape!

For a good strapless bra I recommend going to a bra store and have someone who knows what they're doing recommend the right one for you.

It's like jeans and swimwear - they all fit differently and you have to try many on to see which one fits you. I have a great one that I wear alot even in the summer all day, under tank tops because it's so comfortable. But there's no point in saying the brand because what works for me may not work for someone else.

Try these self sticking silicone pads. I love these. You wash them after each use and they stick all by themselves. There is a hook in the middle that will give you more lift and cleavage if you need it.

Adhesives & Shapers-Swimwear, Daywear, Evening Wear

It looks like everything on that page is self sticking silicone. Can you tell me which you meant, exactly? Much obliged!

No, I'm not going to start experiementing with duct tape.....surgical tape maybe, but not duct tape. I've heard that if you manage to get it off without hurting yourself, the sticky gray residue is awful!

Sorry about that! Its really a matter of preference but this is the one I have.

0559880: Adhesive Bra-Swimwear, Daywear, Evening Wear

So....not to get too personal, but do you find the fit is true to size? I would normally go one size up (depending on brand) from what they offer. I am very interested, though....might just try it anyway.

Well being a c-cup but 46 around finding a strapless isn't easy. However Lane Bryant did have one and it fit perfect. It stayed in place and so did everything else. I never felt like I was falling out or down. In fact it is a halter, criss cross, etc style and I wear it even when I don't have to wear a strapless.

So if your like me and built like an apple, try it. It really is comfortable.

so there,

The silicone jel bra only comes in a, b, or c. I find the c to be big enough, I normally wear a 38C.

Gel Bras or Bust

from

http://www.asianweek.com/2000_06_08/feature_alicechang.html

Instead it comes in four different cup sizes from cup A, cup B, cup C to cup D

from

http://www.fashion-era.com/undergarments/invisible_silicone_bras.htm

Archived