Tell me about strapless bras...

so there

I recently bought my first strapless bra after years of trying to find one that had adequate support and fit nicely (I wear a 32D which sadly they do not make @ VS but the 34 does in a pinch.) I like the Victoria's Secret Very Sexy bra http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/application/prodDisplay/?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=XE-199120&page=1&cgname=OSBRPSTPZZZ&rfnbr=2784 and I also liked the Body by Victoria strapless but they did not have it in my size/color. I've enjoyed wearing spaghetti strap and halter style tops for the first time in my life- so liberating to finally get to try out these nice styles! Have fun and good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, I want to state that I know what I'm talking about; being in my early 20's, all of the clothing these days are low cut, like it or not. And I happen to like the trends, regardless of the fact that I do have a slightly larger chest for my body type. So here's some of my tips.

First of all, I swear by Victoria's Secret. My credit card bill can attest to that. But aside from their strapless bras which are by the way the best, they have several other options. Currently on their site, they have adhesive push-up cups. It's simply 2 little cups, imagine taking the underwire of your bra and attaching a very thin material and the only adhesive part would be the underwire area--everything else is safe.

Another option is the backless/strapless bras (depending on the dress this may be necessary), where there are adhesive tabs that stick to the skin at the edges (about 3inches long, would be located right after the underwire ends).

One that you would have to be daring to be willing to try, is an option that involves tape. NOT duct tape, PLEASE. As a dancer of 15 years, here's a little trick: Use athletic or medical tape, and what helps to eliminate the pain of removal is place tissues over the actual "sensitive area" before using the tape.

And, this would just be for your own security, but Victoria's Secret (and many other places as well) sells a fashion tape. It's just double sided tape, but sticks especially well to fabric. I often use this to tape my clothing to my bra to avoid any "peekage" because there's nothing more unattractive than a bra creeping out the top. Or, I tape my clothing to my skin if I'm not feeling entirely confident with myself staying in my bra. I'll always be covered!!

Thanks to all of you for the voices of experience! Okay, so far I tried the silicone stick-on jobs (went with a cheap imitation since the good one didn't come in a D cup), and it was hilarious....didn't hold up a thing (or two), but gave me a good laugh. :D

Then I ordered several strapless styles online. To get to a good store, I have to take a ferry (expensive!), so it's actually cheaper for me to order several and send back those I don't want. They were all really good, but there was an issue with my dress not having enough coverage.

So...I ended up with this push-up-extreme-cleavage convertible bra from Frederick's of Hollywood (and here I thought they only sold "playful" type things) and ordered some two-sided adhesive strips from Victoria's Secret to make sure it doesn't peek out under my arms. I might have to wear it all the time.....my girls haven't been this perky in years!

I think I'm set. Between trying to walk on heels and making sure my bra isn't showing, I'm sure to amuse someone....if only myself.

Thanks again all!

Archived