Plaza Deck anyone?

Emelie

My husband & I are booked on the Crown for the Jan 20 sailing out of San Juan. We booked on line through SmartCruiser.com. We were not assigned a state room #, but rather GUAR a room within a certain category. After looking closely at the deck plans it appears that we would be on the Plaza deck or an upgrade. We did specify Ocean View but I'm getting a little nervous that we weren't assigned a specific cabin. Has anyone used SmartCruiser or been in this situation before?

If you paid for GUAR oceanview, you will have an oceanview cabin somewhere on the ship. It may be obstructed view or unobstructed view. When you only pay for a GUAR, you are sacrificing a specific location in order to get a lower price. This has nothing to do with the agency where you booked. It is standard practice industry wide. If you want a specfic location/deck, you'll need to pay the difference and get another category.

you are so far from your sailing date, cabin will be assign closer to date. I sail in nine days and booked an inside cabin guar. four weeks ago and just go our cabin assignment today. We were also booked on Plaza but were upgraded to Baja. We would of been happy on any deck, the Plaza would of forced me to do more stairs though.

We went on our first cruise on the Tahitian Princess with a balcony and loved it. So much so we have booked for next July on the Sun Princess with a tour of 30 from New Zealand doing a Canadian/Alaskan land tour and cruise. I was disappointed to find they have assigned us Oceanview on Plaza deck to keep costs down (twice the price of our last holiday). Our TA advises that we would be disappointed in the balcony cabin as it is not open like the TP. Just to upgrade from an inside cabin to oceanview is $900 per person and to a balcony is $1400 per person NZ. From what other CC's have said an oceanview on Plaza will be okay?????

I love the Plaza deck! Not too many staterooms on the deck and quite a convenient location. The art gallery on the Crown is beautiful as well. As much as I like a balcony, I've given up on them as my neighbors in the past have been less than considerate.

I love the Plaza deck! Not too many staterooms on the deck and quite a convenient location. The art gallery on the Crown is beautiful as well. As much as I like a balcony, I've given up on them as my neighbors in the past have been less than considerate.

Our friends always choose the Plaza deck inside cabin. They like the location!! We also had balcony cabins in the past but found that (like you) that our fellow passengers were not very considerate, especially at 7am smoking those cigars!! We are going to try an inside when we cruise to Alaska on the Baja deck. We had balcony cabins on this deck. I really don't care what cabin just as long as I'm on a ship:)

When we are unable to book a balcony because of price considerations, we always head for an oceanview on Plaza Deck. You will really appreciate it if the seas are rough. It's more stable on Plaza Deck than on the other passenger decks, especially if your cabin is midship.

Joan

Booked on Plaza Deck again!

Archived