Cruise Directors - who was your best

hipcruzr

followed by Michael and Jeni Mullane.

John was most recently on the Liberty and I think he is going to bring out the new Freedom.

CCL has put him on their virgin ships for quite awhile, so you know what they think of him.

I would have to say John "I'm retiring after this contract" Hearld. I have heard he was going to retire for the last 10 years. The last time I cruised with him, he has weee Jimmy as his assistant. Jimmy and I got along real well. he is a hoot. I am glad to hear he is now a CD.

I would have to say John "I'm retiring after this contract" Hearld. I have heard he was going to retire for the last 10 years. The last time I cruised with him, he has weee Jimmy as his assistant. Jimmy and I got along real well. he is a hoot. I am glad to hear he is now a CD.

Yea, I've been around these boards for a while and have been hearing this year after year. I remember wee Jimmy. We had him with John Heald. They were a good team.

Resa, for sure.

I'm glad to hear so many say Resa. I'll be sailing with her in a few weeks. I'll be sure to pay more attention.

Todd Whittmer...outgoing & personable. Without the usual corny over the top personality of a lot CDs. He also didn't seem like a phony like some of them. He would always say hello whenever our paths crossed on the ship.

CaribbeanCrazy

I have to agree. Todd was AWESOME!!

Hi All,

Just off the Ecstacy today. We had Rebecca Llewellyn (sp?). This was her last cruise.....I know because EVERY time she spoke at a "talk", she mentioned it!!! I really think she was trying to garner pity...why I don't know!? She said she is going to "reevaluate" her career. Well.....good for us. She was awful. (boring, repetitive, long winded, unfunny)

This was just my second cruise (first was on the Elation with Jorge as CD...AWESOME) so I don't have much CD experience but, Rebecca created less excitement than a new run of eggplant at the produce factory.

Sorry, don't mean to be ugly, just highly disappointed. Hopefully, the CD on the Conquest in April will be better.:)

Thanks

We were fortunate enough to be on the inaugural Conquest when we had Corey as well as Chris Jefferson. What a dynamic duo they were. Corey was great and even as an assistant CD Chris was better than any of the other CD's i've had on other ships. I'd love to sail with John Heald sometime.

By the way - we'll be on the Valor in early December. Does anybody know who's on the Valor t hese days? Thanks.

We (my DW and I) cruised on the Carnival Conquest from the Big Easy on Sept. 14. 2003, loved the cruise as well as the Cruise Director (Corey Schmidt). We found out he has left Carnival - is this true? Does anyone know where he is?????

Corey left Carnival and was scheduled to have a show in Reno when his birds tragically died. I got an email from him a little while ago and he's working in his family business.

• 2 weeks later...

Greg Kneale is my choice . There are many great Cds but Greg was my favorite. His personality was genuine and it was a pleasure to get to know him.He is retired from the cruise industry and is sorely missed. But there are others out there who work hard every day to make our cruises pleasurableand they deserve our priase. So enjoy your cruising. Greg if you read this we all say hi.

Do you remember who most impressed you as the best cruise director and why. The best Cruse Director I remember that I thought the was the greaest was John Heald when he was on the Destiny. He had so much energy, and I remember the "bed time stories"

nope don't pay much attention to that stuff. I do remember the worst though. Shawn Busey. Tried wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy to hard. But she did try!

Bill

We were fortunate enough to be on the inaugural Conquest when we had Corey as well as Chris Jefferson. What a dynamic duo they were. Corey was great and even as an assistant CD Chris was better than any of the other CD's i've had on other ships. I'd love to sail with John Heald sometime.

By the way - we'll be on the Valor in early December. Does anybody know who's on the Valor t hese days? Thanks.

We sailed with Corey and Chris shortly after you did and loved them both.

We were able to sail with Chris as the CD on the Pride in March and he is still a delight!! Chris is getting married btw. His lovely fiancee was onboard the Pride.

My best and only cruise director was Todd Whittmer! he was the greatest so funny and made all the boring stuff fun!!! he was great during our mardi gras party on the conquest may 2005!!! Assistand cd was just as good i don't remember his name does anyone else i think it might have been dan. i sail in january with big tex hope he is just as good cuz todd made is so he has some big shoes to fill. anyone know anything about big tex???? thanks!!!

Todd Wittmer is by far my favorite. I actually had Risa on the Elation a couple of yers ago and I didn't think she was that great. She had just taken over that week for someone so maybe she was "new". Todd's assistant used to be "Malcolm in the Middle". I wonder if he got his own ship? Does anyone know?

Just off the Imagination, and I know he is switching soon, but had to be something about age and personality, but Jeff Bronson still has me chuckling two weeks later...

Was on the Imagination in August. Found him to be very warm and entertaining.

Todd Wittmer is by far my favorite. I actually had Risa on the Elation a couple of yers ago and I didn't think she was that great. She had just taken over that week for someone so maybe she was "new". Todd's assistant used to be "Malcolm in the Middle". I wonder if he got his own ship? Does anyone know?

I've read that Malcolm is on Victory right now.

Now that Todd's name has been mentioned, I am trying to remember if we had Corey, Chris Jefferson and Todd on the Conquest. I know Corey was the CD, but one was Social Host and the other was handling the karaoke at the time. (although Chris did have to fill in one night at karaoke)

This would have been the 2002/2003 New Years cruise.

A few of you said their worse CD was Brett Allens. Can you tell me why? I think he'll be on the Valor in Feb. when we are on it. We had some friends who cruised this past spring and thought he was great. Different strokes, for different folks I guess.

In all our cruises, I don't think of any of the CD's as being "bad". Some are just better than others. It is definately a case of some people really clicking and others...not so much.

I have clicked with some CD's that other folks are not so crazy about. And vice versa. I am just glad I have had the pleasure to meet so many of them and I appreciate the hard work that they all do...most of which is behind the scenes.

I'll probably go with the majority and say John Heald. I have been on only three cruises. I really liked Carlo Lombard on our honeymoon cruise on the inspiration. We had Jorge on the second cruise on the Destiny.

Once I heard all of the jokes the first time from Carlo though it wasn't the same. John said the same jokes as well, but seemed to make them work even though I was expecing them. I recall the "Thumb in the steak" and "Nothing to Declare" jokes at all of the debarkation talks. John's bedtime story is hilarious. I actually bought the DVD and brought that home everyone I showed that to laughed just as hard as we did.

Archived