Supper Club

Sand N' Sea

Hi All, I was wondering if anyone has ever had lobster in Nick and Nora's? I know the steaks are a good size portion:o , what about the lobster. Do you only get one tail :confused: ~ looks that way on the menu. The menu I looked at was from 2004 ~ is there an updated one? Thanks.

Hi All' date=' I was wondering if anyone has ever had lobster in Nick and Nora's? I know the steaks are a good size portion:o , what about the lobster. Do you only get one tail :confused: ~ looks that way on the menu. The menu I looked at was from 2004 ~ is there an updated one? Thanks.[/font']

Only one. I can't say how it compares in size or quality to the Dining Room tails, but it's just the one. If you want multiple tails, I'd concentrate on Formal Night in the Dining Room.

If you want to bust a gut in the Specialty Restaurant, I'd stick to the steaks -- they're huge. At least they were in Legend's Golden Fleece Restaurant. In the context of the entire meal, the meat choices are plenty filling. :) I have a decent appetite and the two nights we were there, I had the Veal Chop, and the Filet Mignon (9 oz.), both of which were considerably smaller than the NY Strip Steak (14 oz.) or the Porterhouse (24 oz.), and both times I was quite stuffed and happy when all was said and done. I doubt I could have finished that Porterhouse along with my appetizer, salad, dessert and 'extras'.

Just sailed on the Miracle (9/10/06) and DH and I went to Nick n Nora's and yes you do get 1 lobster tail. However if you can't decide on to order steak or lobster, they do have a surf and turf where you can get both in 1 meal. I will say the portions of the steak and lobster are not that big but by the time you get to your main meal (after the soup, salad and bread) you are already almost full so it may be just the right portion size for you. Then you can order the dessert of your choice. You are TOTALLY full when you walk out of there. I also did a supper club last year on the Valor and once again you are stuffed when you finish dining in the supper club. There is no way you can walk away and still be hungry!

Thanks. I've had the menu loaded on my PDA for reference for a while now... :)

If you finished that Porterhouse, you're a better man than I! I think I'd probably have to leave about 7 hours between meals in order to pull that off... and I don't seem to be able to stay away from that 24-hour pizza for more than two hours at a time, so so much for that. :D

GC...

Were they really taking a picture of the lobster?

And to the OP, DW had the lobster, while i had the fillet, and I have to say it was the largest tail I ever saw on a plate.

LOL Pete... it was me that took the pic :p And that was Lisa's lobster... I had to get a pic, it was just too yummy looking (again, the lobster :p LOL)

Everything is delicious, and much bigger and better than what you get in the dining room

The lobster: food2.jpg

Surf and turf:

1234.bmp

The porterhouse:

food1.jpg

Totally Excellent..GoinCruisin...

Thanks for the photos..

Now I shall have to go get a munchie before bed...as the site of that huge Porterhouse, reminded me what a small portion of chicken I had for dinner tonight..

if only getting a lobster its 12 oz. if you do the surf and turf you dont get the 12oz lobster and the huge steak-- surf and turf is 6 oz and 6 oz. But no matter what one ya get they sure are better then the dining room ones.

I always tell myself I'm going to order something different ... but I always end up with the porterhourse .... ;)

I'm going to go with something different this time... thinking maybe the veal... or the porterhouse... oh decisions decisions!!!

I'm going to go with something different this time... thinking maybe the veal... or the porterhouse... oh decisions decisions!!!

There is little agreement among experts on how large the tenderloin must be to call a T-bone a porterhouse;

from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porterhouse_Steak

The Porter House

from

http://www.nyc-architecture.com/CHE/CHE-036.htm

Archived