Platinum cruisers

connieleebones

As an update, both my 1988 and 1989 were added - I e-mailed copies of my original embarkation photos to Carnival (my PVP handled this).

When my PVP called to let me know, I booked the Miracle for the 09/08/07 sailing! :D

So glad you were successful. We are headed out on the Miracle on Sunday!

She emailed me back the following:

"As of June 6th, 2006 this was changed to 9 cruises or more. I reconfirmed with our VP of Sales and Marketing this morning. I was correct in telling you that on your 9th cruise you will be a Platinum member and entitled to the VIP services. "

"As of June 6th, 2006 this was changed to 9 cruises or more. I reconfirmed with our VP of Sales and Marketing this morning. I was correct in telling you that on your 9th cruise you will be a Platinum member and entitled to the VIP services. "

Contradicts everthing I've been told by Carnival e-mail as well as PVP. I cruised #9 July 31 of this year and I got no VIP priveleges.

Don't know what to tell you.

Just passing on what she told me...

I hate to sound harsh....but you need to get a TA that has a clue...because this one does not. Obviously to be the VP of Sales and Marketing at that operation doesn't require a PhD in cruising either.

The press release I copied and pasted on here was dated May 18, 2006. Do you really think they are going to "change their minds" in a matter of weeks, after they put out their own press release???

I do think it is kinda funny that this TA would "insult" what people on the Internet (like Cruise Critic knows) when she/he are putting out incorrect information.

I don't know what your TA is smoking....but I am mad that she/he isn't sharing!!

Contradicts everthing I've been told by Carnival e-mail as well as PVP. I cruised #9 July 31 of this year and I got no VIP priveleges.

There you go. Proof positive that there are some TA"s out there that should not be! (especially when they imply Cruise Critic folks are not informed!)

I am so excited. I just booked the Victory for the 12/3 sailing and this will be our 10th Carnival cruise. I really like the idea of the free wash and fold laundry service! I will be packing lighter this time for sure.

NO NEED TO BE RUDE!!!!!

I am only telling you what my PVP, who is a CARNIVAL EMPLOYEE told me to pass along to you folks here.

After questioning her again after you all blasted me, she sent me the email confirming what she originally told me verbally.

First of all, no one blasted YOU. Get a grip. If anyone was "blasted" it was the ignorance of the PVP. And rightfully so. Carnival employees above all else should know their product. geez....we are just here trying to prevent you from getting incorrect information and possibly being disappointed when you went on your 9th cruise and got no perks.

Sorry we tried to help you out!

We're trying a balcony guarantee for the first time. As platinum members, does that hold any clout in what we me end up with for a cabin?

I haven't figured out any system of how the "upgrade fairy" works. I would imagine though that there are a lot of factors that are involved...such as:

1.if Carnival is wanting to reward a particular TA that has brought them a lot of business....how better than to make him/her look good by getting his/her clients a great upgrade.

2.if Carnival sees a potential future loyal cruiser who they want to "impress".

3.if Carnival has a PVP (or an outside TA) that really goes to the mat for a customer.

IMO, the Platinum people would be the last on the list, because Carnival has already "got you" (so to speak) by your continued cruising history.

Maybe someone from the "inside" will write a book about the magic of upgrades!

Good luck!!

We're trying a balcony guarantee for the first time. As platinum members, does that hold any clout in what we me end up with for a cabin?

Can't say for sure! We are booked on the 11/19 sailing on the Liberty (first time Platinum status) in a 8A guarantee. Using the Kelly Method, I learned that we have been assigned 8C on Veranda Deck. That's good, but there are 3 of us and the cabin assignment is one that the deck plans suggest will only accommodate two. I certainly hope that Carnival isn't planning to force one of us to sleep on a rollaway. We shall see.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles/whats_new_virtual_.aspx

Dated 6/8/06

New ‘Concierge Club’ Guest Loyalty Program – To reward its longtime “Fun Ship” guests, Carnival has launched its new “Concierge Club” providing Platinum cardholders (10 cruises or more) with a number of value-added benefits, including priority embarkation/debarkation, guaranteed dining times and supper club and spa reservations, logo items, complimentary laundry service and more.

I also did my #9 cruise in July -- got NO perks, still the gold card, etc.

I am going on #10 next week, and I expect to get all the perks, however, I hope I don't start off on the wrong foot -- no VIP boarding listed on docs. :( Guess I will get to see the rep at the pier first to verify. I plan to take a copy of my cruise history with me to be on the safe side!

We did our 10th cruise on Carnival this spring on the Fanasty, no VIP on our docs either. I took my cruise history with me, but the lady at the VIP door into the terminal said she could not let us in that way unless it was on our docs!!! When we did get to the check-in counter, they immediately took us to the VIP check-in. The funny thing though, is friends traveling with us actually got on the ship before we did, so not really sure if VIP check in is all that important, at least not to us.

Jane --

Thanks! I have always gone through boarding twice in NY and it was extremely fast, so I'm not too worried about it either. The only time I had VIP boarding was in Port Canaveral with Skippers Club when I was upgraded to a suite. It was a little faster than the regular line, but not by much! The only time we've had a really long wait was boarding the Conquest in New Orleans, but they gave you chairs to sit on while you were waiting (in 2 different places!) I don't plan to be upset if I get thrown to the regular line -- after all -- I'm going to be cruising for 8 whole days!!!!!:D

[quote name='jbhcw']We did our 10th cruise on Carnival this spring on the Fanasty, no VIP on our docs either. I took my cruise history with me, but the lady at the VIP door into the terminal said she could not let us in that way unless it was on our docs!!! When we did get to the check-in counter, they immediately took us to the VIP check-in. The funny thing though, is friends traveling with us actually got on the ship before we did, so not really sure if VIP check in is all that important, at least not to us.[/QUOTE]
I know what you mean. I had VIP on the Triumph, The line was longer at VIP.

[quote name='MarylandLady']I also did my #9 cruise in July -- got NO perks, still the gold card, etc.

I am going on #10 next week, and I expect to get all the perks, however, I hope I don't start off on the wrong foot -- no VIP boarding listed on docs. :( Guess I will get to see the rep at the pier first to verify. I plan to take a copy of my cruise history with me to be on the safe side![/QUOTE]

From what I am reading, it really depends on the port. Like I said earily, at Long Beach the Carnival Rep did not even look at our docs...I just asked where the Early VIP Check In was on the Queen Mary. (but I was prepared with my Platinum cards from the Spirit if she asked!)

[quote name='LHP']From what I am reading, it really depends on the port. Like I said earily, at Long Beach the Carnival Rep did not even look at our docs...I just asked where the Early VIP Check In was on the Queen Mary. (but I was prepared with my Platinum cards from the Spirit if she asked!)[/quote]

I think you are correct on the port! I'll check with the rep first and if I get sent to the regular line -- oh well! :)

My sister is the one that set this cruise up and this is only her 3rd time on Carnival, so that may be why our booking didn't get the VIP status on the docs. But it's no big deal -- the big deal is getting to cruise again this year!!! I did mention this to our PVP and she said that the records would be there, so I shouldn't have a problem -- but you never know. I will complain though if I don't get my platinum card and the other goodies!!

I see you are leaving on the Miracle this weekend! Have a wonderful cruise. My DH and I were on the Miracle when it went out of Baltimore (15 minutes from my house) a few years ago and it was beautiful! I'm still waiting for Carnival to come back to our area, I would be able to go more often! :D

[quote name='Ms Belvedere']Hmmm, time for a VVIP line for 25 or more cruises! LHP, hope you have fun on the Miracle!
Ms B[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much....and yes, I am right there with you on that one!
(still pushing for a Elite ~Black~ card for 25 cruises are more)
I write in on every comment card !!

[quote name='MarylandLady']I think you are correct on the port! I'll check with the rep first and if I get sent to the regular line -- oh well! :)

My sister is the one that set this cruise up and this is only her 3rd time on Carnival, so that may be why our booking didn't get the VIP status on the docs. But it's no big deal -- the big deal is getting to cruise again this year!!! I did mention this to our PVP and she said that the records would be there, so I shouldn't have a problem -- but you never know. I will complain though if I don't get my platinum card and the other goodies!!

I see you are leaving on the Miracle this weekend! Have a wonderful cruise. My DH and I were on the Miracle when it went out of Baltimore (15 minutes from my house) a few years ago and it was beautiful! I'm still waiting for Carnival to come back to our area, I would be able to go more often! :D[/QUOTE]

After our March docs did not have VIP Check In on them, I emailed my PVP and he sent some kind of verification directly to the ship to make sure our family of four were listed properly. (That was the boy's 13th cruise)

I'm like you.....by george, we earned those perks!! We had weeks and weeks of hard labor invested in those cruises. Day after day of having to sit in a lounge chair and be served ice cold beverages.....hour after hour of being pampered in the spa.....night after night of being waited on hand and foot at dinner. And then there was the karaoke I had to sing every night....I mean, the list of "chores" is endless!!

Archived