Tipping

vtoria98

I know, this topic has been done to death. But what I really wanted to post was that I was at my local CVS here in FL, and I noticed that International phone cards are buy 1 get 1 free. I know some people like to use them as an extra tip. I bought a few for my upcoming cruise and just thought I would let people know about the deal.

I know, this topic has been done to death. But what I really wanted to post was that I was at my local CVS here in FL, and I noticed that International phone cards are buy 1 get 1 free. I know some people like to use them as an extra tip. I bought a few for my upcoming cruise and just thought I would let people know about the deal.

That was nice of you, but they really prefer cash... many of those cards are useless for them, and everyone still gives them out... My last steward said he had at one time over 50 of them and ended up throwing them out :( But he said he did appreciate the thought, but the mighty dollar still reigns supreme with them of course. My opinion only...

That was nice of you, but they really prefer cash... many of those cards are useless for them, and everyone still gives them out... My last steward said he had at one time over 50 of them and ended up throwing them out :( But he said he did appreciate the thought, but the mighty dollar still reigns supreme with them of course. My opinion only...

Oh gosh really? Well i kinda feel dumb now. I guess I will include some cash with them then.

Aww, you don't need to feel dumb. That's why these boards are here, to give helpful hints and share knowledge. Many folks still do give the cards, and I don't know why.

GC's correct...forget the card - they really prefer cold hard cash. That way, they can buy a card if they want to, or use it for something they prefer.:)

Oh gosh really? Well i kinda feel dumb now. I guess I will include some cash with them then.

LOL vtoria, you shouldn't feel dumb... how were you to know?? Like I said, it's a nice thought... but they definitely prefer cash. Now you know, and that's what these boards are for :D

It is never dumb to want to give an extra "Thank You". You are sweet to think of them. The ports are filled with low cost internet and phone services that the staff and crew use.

I wish I knew that the crew were just tossing them. I would have collected them to give out to the many foreign visitors we have here at St Jude's, while their children are receiving cancer treatments from all over the world.

Archived