Anyone on Carnival Victory lately?

thepeach

We leave on the Carnival Victory in 20 days for Cozumel, Costa Rica and Panama. Haven't seen many comments on Victory except that the decor is worn, and the ship's layout is confusing. This is our 9th Carnival cruise, so we know what to expect. Thanks for your reviews.

We sailed on the Victory about a month ago. I didn't notice anything "worn". As a matter of fact, I loved the ship and the decor. The color palatte is my favorite: all blues, teals, and greens. I also liked that it reflected the sea so well.

As to getting around, on the ships with the galley in the middle, we've found the trick is to consider the Promenade deck as "main street". As long as you make your way to deck 5, you have a clear shot at the whole ship. Once you're forward or aft, you can proceed to the deck you want.

Have a great cruise!

We leave on the Carnival Victory in 20 days for Cozumel, Costa Rica and Panama. Haven't seen many comments on Victory except that the decor is worn, and the ship's layout is confusing. This is our 9th Carnival cruise, so we know what to expect. Thanks for your reviews.

Did you join our roll call? I am going on that same cruise. :D

We are all meeting at sirens Bar @ aft pool around 5 pm for drinks.

Rob

Haven't seen many comments on Victory except that the decor is worn, and the ship's layout is confusing.

We sailed the Victory in May, and didn't notice anything worn out on her at all. I think the folks who post stuff like that aren't happy unless they are miserable. Maybe they were crawling on their hands and knees, sniffing the seats that were still warm from people recently sitting on them.

And the layout is not that confusing. Just keep in the 5th floor when you want to go to dinner. And if you make a wrong turn, you could probably use the exercise of the stairs anyway... after eating all the grand food they serve you on the ship.:cool:

Great!! How do I join your roll call? We're very excited-first cruise without the kids. The youngest is now in college, so no reason to wait for the family summer vacation. Our anniversary is the 21st, and my birthday is the 28th so we're especially looking forward to this cruise.

My wife and I went on the Canada cruise during Labor Day week. We noticed nothing worn or tattered. The crew was constantly cleaning the ship. As for the "ship's layout", I must admit that to me it was a little confusing, but not(I hate to say this) for my wife. There were a few floors that your couldn't walk through the ship on, so you went up or down a floor. This really didn't bother me, because I liked exploring the ship. Also we stayed in an L shaped room (6432), with a balcony, which earned me loads of praise from the wife.

Great!! How do I join your roll call? We're very excited-first cruise without the kids. The youngest is now in college, so no reason to wait for the family summer vacation. Our anniversary is the 21st, and my birthday is the 28th so we're especially looking forward to this cruise.

From main board menu, click on Roll call, then Carnival Victory, then "10/21....who else is going" title.......

A bunch of us have signed up for the same tours. We are going to wear mardi gras bead to identify us as CC'ers when we meet at Sirens bar.

Rob

My wife and I went on the Canada cruise during Labor Day week. We noticed nothing worn or tattered. The crew was constantly cleaning the ship. As for the "ship's layout", I must admit that to me it was a little confusing, but not(I hate to say this) for my wife. There were a few floors that your couldn't walk through the ship on, so you went up or down a floor. This really didn't bother me, because I liked exploring the ship. Also we stayed in an L shaped room (6432), with a balcony, which earned me loads of praise from the wife.

Harolds,

how did you like the cabin? I have that cabin (if not, it is one of those four on the same deck) this coming February. Any pic's? Advice? Would you book that cabin again?

I cant wait to see it!

Hi enjoyinglife,

We loved the cabin. It was on the left rear corner of the ship, next to the end cabins with the huge decks. The entryway was about 8' long and 4' wide with a safe and closets. The main part of the room was about 14' by 9'. It has a queen sized bed, small couch, 2 chairs and a small round table. The deck is larger than a lot of the other balconies that we saw. It had a chair, lounger and a table. The bathroom had a shower, toilet and a sink counter that was the length of the bathroom ( 6'? ). The control for the air conditioning is above the bed ( same in bathroom ). Turn it in or out for more or less air. We were about 200' from the stairs and elevators. At night when we ate in the Pacific dining room we only had to go downstairs 1 level and we were at the upper entrance to the dining room. We never met the cabin stewart, but he/she came twice a day and restocked the ice both times and tidied up. At night we had turndown service, a mint on the pillow and those towels animals that they made. I would take this room again in a second. I have a lot of pictures, including some of the cabin, but I don't know how to put them on this page. Sorry. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Archived