Formal night at Chops and Portofino

Actually, I believe the dress code for the specialty restaurants is smart casual regardless of the dress for main dining. They won't kick you out either way however - except if you are in shorts...

And regarding tipping "in cash" the 20 dollar per person charge they put on your seacard is supposed to include tips...you can add extra if you like however either in cash or on the charge slip.

We have dined in Portofino and Chops on formal nights on several cruises including on our Mariner cruise 9/17-9/24/06 two weeks ago. I also believe that recommended dress was smart casual.

In any case, the attire has been anywhere from khakis and a polo shirt to a tux for men and slacks and a blouse to gowns for women. If you dress as you would at home for a special dinner out at a restaurant at home, or better, and you will feel you fit in comfortably.

My DW and I are not into formal night and having to don the attire for such. Can you just dress in smart casual (slacks and long sleeve button down shirt) on formal nights if we eat at Chops and Portofino?

I'm with you on this topic! If there is a specialty resturant available on formal nights we take advantage of it evey time! Smart casual is the rule.

Archived