Help NCL debug the new Website - post problems here.

calmac

I think NCL should just admit they made a mistake by putting the new website up before it was functional and revert back to the old website until it is ready.

Too many customers are getting frustrated over not being able to book online, see cabin availability, view shore excursions, and other things that they were able to do on the old website. This cannot be good for business.

I think NCL should just admit they made a mistake by putting the new website up before it was functional and revert back to the old website until it is ready.

Too many customers are getting frustrated over not being able to book online, see cabin availability, view shore excursions, and other things that they were able to do on the old website. This cannot be good for business.

Shore excursion are there and now with pricing. All they really need to do is add a link to the seaweb booking engine below the phone number to solve the problem short term.

To book online click HERE :) :)

One of my pet peeves is websites that rely on flash or any kind of browser plugin. Even with a basic browser, you should never be confronted with a screen with an x where a picture should be, or being told that you have to download/install something to access the site.

I don't object to flash content, but if your browser doesn't support it, there should be an alternate version of that part of the site where you are automatically redirected, or it should give you the option of either downloading the plugin or using a nonflash version of the site.

The company I work at, like many others, does not allow us to install anything on our computers ourselves, and we don't have flash installed. I also frequently browse the internet from a Pocket PC, which has a very basic browser. When I try to look at the new NCL site from work, the front page has that very unattractive x instead of the flash picture; not a very good introduction to the site.

Totally agree with you. I’m in the same situation, at work they won’t let my download anything for security raisons. NCL should offer a non-flash version.

Shore excursion are there and now with pricing. All they really need to do is add a link to the seaweb booking engine below the phone number to solve the problem short term.

To book online click HERE :) :)

Thanks Shoreguy :) And by the way, welcome back! ;)

I had a hard time with the new site:(

Flash worked ok but getting the prices was unbearable.

I couldn't find the pricing:(

Shoreguy recommended the old site. Did that for pricing.

Called NCL today (early afternoon on Sat.)

To book 2 cruises.

NO wait on "hold"..answered immediately:)

Spoke to Mary...she was excellent... she knew the Dawn and the Gem!

The pricing was the same as on the old site...so that (old site) is "updated".

If you don't have access to flash..just go into the old site....it is updated, price wise;)

Good luck to all:) and thanks Shoreguy!

How do I book excursions on the new site? I can see descriptions and prices but nothing about what time an excursion starts. The old site allowed you to print up descriptions and the order form included start times.

You have to login with booking number and last name to get to a pull down menu with times. No way to copy and print.:(

I was finally able to book one of our shore excursions for our Pearl 4/13/07 cruise with NO problem. When I went to book the Wreck of the Rhone scuba dive it wasn't listed:eek: . Does anyone know if they are continually updating/adding shore excursions or if I would be better off just calling NCL Shore Excursions to book. My DH has wanted to dive this wreck for years and since we've been to Tortola before, he will dive and I will "spa"!

Suggestions anyone?

You have to login with booking number and last name to get to a pull down menu with times. No way to copy and print.:(

Thanks. I was able to view PDF files for the Pearl's western caribbean but none are available yet for the 9 day southern. I'll check back in a couple of weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hate to be the oddball, but I don't like their new website. I have reservations thru NCL and in the past I could log in and see my past and future cruises, now there is no way to interact with that site. Maybe that is because they eliminated online booking, but I for one don't like it, I find it confusing.

All I can say, is its very pretty, but not very practical.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unless/until I am able to see which cabins are available, where they are located and otherwise obtain other information relevant to a proposed cruise - without having to go some other site - I'll refrain from further bookings on NCL. They have simply made it more difficult and time consuming to book with them directly. If they want us all to use an agent instead of booking directly, fine that is their perogative, but I prefer to book directly with the line itself. There are simply too many other cruise lines offering essentially the same itineraries, amenitites at competitive prices to put up with the hassle.

Guest THE EDS

I still can't pre-register online. Tells me systems error call TA or NCL. Called NCL spoke with Jennifer (very nice) she told me some people get in, some don't and I should download registration form and mail it in. Did so last week, my TA gets in but I still can't. Haven't even tried to book tours, guess I will wait to board. Oh! I forgot sailing 1/7/07 on the Dawn. Any suggestions?

THE EDS

Archived