Island Princess Kauai WAILUA RIVER CRUISE & LUAU

asctony

We did the Luau part. The gardens were lovely, the luau food was okay, there was lots of entertainment by people of all ages, and we did really feel as if we were in Hawaii. There is an open air tram tour around the gardens, which was very nice, but it was a dollar or two additional. The luau was not a very active or exciting activitiy, but we really enjoyed the experience,and it remains one of our nicest memories. I heard that the river tour was also good, but we didn't do that part........and the fern grotto hike was wet and muddy, though beautiful, the footing was a bit treacherous for those not so sure footed.

We did the Wailua River Cruise and were very disappointed. All of the vegetation along the river is the same - there was no diversity, as in other places in Hawaii. On the boat, they did teach us to do the hula which was fun, but it did not make up for seeing the same type of tree over and over and over and over again.

When we were there, the Fern Grotto had been washed out by heavy rains and was deemed unsafe by the authorities. They replaced it with a tram ride around the gardens which was pleasurable, except for the fact that we sat behind the "engine" which was run on diesel and smelled of it.

I think there are other more pleasurable things to do on Kuaui. If I had it to do over, I would have chosen a different excursion.

Roberta

Archived