Help W/Vaccination Info

BldLvr

We are going to SA/Antarctica 12/22/06 and we will be on the msRotterdam. We will fly from Chicago to Miami and on to Rio De Janeairo, Brazil. I have met a nice lady from Florida (CC member) and her and DH are going too. They booked online, we used a TA. She told me that we will NOT be allowed into Brazil without a Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate! Our TA says we do not need vac. but she was told we do. Please help me out with this. Thanks so much, Marian

We are going to SA/Antarctica 12/22/06 and we will be on the msRotterdam. We will fly from Chicago to Miami and on to Rio De Janeairo, Brazil. I have met a nice lady from Florida (CC member) and her and DH are going too. They booked online, we used a TA. She told me that we will NOT be allowed into Brazil without a Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate! Our TA says we do not need vac. but she was told we do. Please help me out with this. Thanks so much, Marian

I went to Brazil last December without any vaccinations.

The OP WILL need the YF shot IF they are going from Florida to Rio via cruise ship that will pass through the Amazonian region. It is definitely a requirement in Brazil IF you are going anyplace close to the Amazon. I would expect this cruise stops in one or two places in the Amazon.

You also may not be allowed into certain countries in the FUTURE IF your passport shows an Amazon region stamp.

However, IF your cruise starts in Rio, no shots needed.

This is information taken from the Brazilian Tourism website:

Vaccination

YELLOW FEVER INTERNATIONAL IMMUNIZATION CERTIFICATE

A yellow fever vaccination is mandatory if applicant traveled within the last 90 days to any of the following Countries: Angola, Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guyana, Gabon, Ghana, Gambia, Guinea, Liberia, Nigeria, Peru, Sierra Leone, Sudan, Democratic Republic of Congo (ex-Zaire) or Venezuela.

A yellow fever vaccination is advisable if applicant’s destination in Brazil includes any of the following States: Acre, Amapá, Amazonas, Goiás, Maranhão, Mato Grosso, Mato Grosso do Sul, Pará, Rondônia, Roraima, Tocantins and the Federal District.

I know you were on this cruise last January...I have seen some of your photos!! I do not think we will get the YF vac. I contacted HAL and they said we do not need them but they would let us know if things change. I'm so excited about our adventure, I look at your photos all the time! Thanks for responding so soon, Sincerely, Marian

I am sorry for intruding on your post but we are taking a SA cruise in 2008. Would you please tell me how to find traveler123's photos and or review? I did a search on the name and could not find how to get to the photos.

Thanks so much. :)

I found Traveller123's review under cruise reviews. I looked under HAL, then the Rotterdam. She has a very nice review of her cruise and it was there that I found her email adress and I emailed her several times. She was kind enough to respond and sent me some of her photos. I think if you look on CC home page you can find your way to the reviews. There are several reviews of the same cruise and one is not very favorable but I think "to each their own"! DH and I are very excited about our up and coming adventure! Stay safe, happy cruising...Marian PS,,her cruise was in Jan., 2006

Archived