Darkness Falls earlier than you might realize

skywalkervadar

Hey Everyone,

My group of 4 will be on Tortola in October arriving at 2 pm and leaving at 10 pm. Strange timing considering when the sun sets. We're on HAL Westerdaam.

I just wanted to remind everyone with similar sailings that while at first you might think 2 to 10 sounds like a full day, in October the sun begins setting at about 5:55 and should be completely set by 6:30 so you're really only looking at about 4 hours of daylight.

This will definately affect any outtings you have planned.

I thought I'd mention this because I only just clued in that we're looking at a half day to get all of the sightseeing we had originally thought we'd have a full day to do.

Have fun y'all!

At least you'll be there from 2 to 10 on the Westerdam, so you'll have some daylight and some possibility of night life. On the Noordam, we we're originally scheduled for 3 p.m. to midnight, but it was changed to 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. Too late for daytime activities, too early for night life. Pretty greedy of HAL if, as other people have hinted, they're trying to have more hours of gambling before we dock in St. Thomas at 7 a.m.

We were already aware of the 5:40 sunset, which is why we decided not to go to the Baths in twilight. Instead, we'll try a twilight sail.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived