Link to my review Spirit Athens to Istanbul

Cruisewoman79

Cruisewoman, thank you for sharing that very thorough and enjoyable review of your trip. I was on the Seabourn Legend, for the first time, in April of 2006 to the Caribbean. I heartily agree with your thumbs up in every category. However, I also wished the pool were someplace where there was more sun, and you're right, social interaction, as well as a better view to the sea! I also second the vote about the bow spa. I hung out at the bow LOTS...my favorite place.

Glad to hear you have rebooked and become a Seabourn fan!

Best wishes,

Jane :)

Thank you for posting the link to your review! I really enjoyed reading it. As far as High Tea goes, I have to ration my visits as the offerings to keep your dentist gainfully employed, like the heated crepes and vanilla sauce are about 1,000 calories a bite! I enjoy the scones with clotted cream and either strawberry or respberry jam and rationalize eating them by adding 1 extra hour of high-speed deck walking per scone and toppings consumed.

]

The best cure for APSCD (accute post Seabourn cruise depression) is disembarking the ship with at least one future Seabourn cruise booked and on deposit! Thanks! :)

Thanks for a great and balanced review Cruisewoman.

We are SeaDream devotees so I am coming into our first SB cruise with very high expectations. We simply LOVE the outdoor spaces on SD (Especially the Bali beds and the wonderful Top of the Yacht Bar) so I am a wee bit nervous/anxious/concerned about outdoor space on SB. I am sure it will be wonderful.

Thanks, also, for the very nice review!

I'm just wondering how the SeaDream bar staff could surpass the SB staff so dramatically that you'd mention it in your review? I can hardly imagine!!

Paul

who got to know the Sky Bar staff on the Legend really well; probably too well! :D

Thank you for the wonderful review. My husband and I leave in little more than two weeks for a 2-week cruise on the Spirit from Istanbul to Alexandria visiting several of the ports you were in. We are really looking forward to it. This will be our second time on the Spirit. The last time was four years ago.

Thank you for the wonderful review. My husband and I leave in little more than two weeks for a 2-week cruise on the Spirit from Istanbul to Alexandria visiting several of the ports you were in. [/email]

I will be doing that cruise next year, staying on to Dubai, so I hope you will post a report.

Jane

Hi Kate:

Great review. As another SeaDreamer, I found it very useful that you did not have any real negatives. The only concern we have is formal nights in the Caribbean. Have done many transatlantics and formal just fits the scene but I have a hard time imagining a full day of beach and sun, then getting into a starched shirt with tie. SeaDream's dress code seems more appropriate to the Carib. For the Med or transat, count me in formal. What's your take? Good to hear you are not letting too much grass grow between cruises.

All the best,

Jim & Lois.

Jim,

I will not know for sure for 44 more days. :D But in the Seabourn brochure they list two dress codes, Coats for men and Formal. BUT in my pre-cruise docs for the Caribbean they add a Casual no coat require for some nights.

In all my Caribbean cruises, I have never had problems with Formal nights. After a day in the heat I want a good shower before dinner and to then dress up is not a problem.

I just don't see any problem between formal, informal, elegant casual or casual! It is just the length of my skirt/dress. Maybe for gents its a little bit harder, but still. . . . . what can be so difficult. . . . . . a jacket. . . . tie . . . . . ? Just relax. . . . and enjoy the evening!

I chucked about your comment on skirt length for women Seabourn-nail:p

I tried your logic with DH ... and his comment was that he was on vacation and that means not wearing a button-downed shirt, suitcoat and tie. However, he indulges me ... and will be wearing his tux two nights in December:D

Thanks for a great and balanced review Cruisewoman.

We are SeaDream devotees so I am coming into our first SB cruise with very high expectations. We simply LOVE the outdoor spaces on SD (Especially the Bali beds and the wonderful Top of the Yacht Bar) so I am a wee bit nervous/anxious/concerned about outdoor space on SB. I am sure it will be wonderful.

I too am a SeaDream devotee - I love the pool and the Balinese beds - loved my week on SDI in april 2006 -

two different products - both wonderful - I guess I will just have to alternative - SD SB SD SB - ahhhhh

Hi Kate:

Great review. As another SeaDreamer, I found it very useful that you did not have any real negatives. The only concern we have is formal nights in the Caribbean. Have done many transatlantics and formal just fits the scene but I have a hard time imagining a full day of beach and sun, then getting into a starched shirt with tie. SeaDream's dress code seems more appropriate to the Carib. For the Med or transat, count me in formal. What's your take? Good to hear you are not letting too much grass grow between cruises.

All the best,

Jim & Lois.

Hey Jim and Lois - too me this long to get back on CC - very busy! Nice to see all the responses to my review - I too think I'd not love to get into Formal wear in the Caribean after a great casual beach sun day. I guess if I had to narrow down - I'd say - if I did the Caribbean _I'd choose SeaDream and if I did a more exotic port intensive I'd chose Seabourn -

hard to have a bad time on either - nice that we have such wonderful choices!!!

• 6 months later...

I heard about the 50% off saile on the Pride November - mid December sailings and just couldn't resist! So we are booked on the November 24th sailing roundtrip Barbados.

I didn't think I'd want to do Seabourn in the Caribbean but the ports look great and totally relaxing!

Something to look forward to for sure.

. As far as High Tea goes, I have to ration my visits as the offerings to keep your dentist gainfully employed, like the heated crepes and vanilla sauce are about 1,000 calories a bite! I enjoy the scones with clotted cream and either strawberry or respberry jam and rationalize eating them by adding 1 extra hour of high-speed deck walking per scone and toppings consumed.

If I followed that theory.......I would be walking all night!! Not nice to point out the negatives Paul :(....I HATE exercise! (but love food)

Enjoyed the review....thank you......

Archived