Sleeping arrangement for toddler?

ZanieOR

My granddaughter Lily will turn 2 the day before we sail on the Carnival Pride on Oct. 15. She still sleeps in a crib at home and usually in a Play and Pack when visiting, but is now starting to crawl out.

They heard the cruise crib/P & P is very small and my daughter is thinking about getting a travel bed rail, but needs one they can take on plane (along with stroller, car seat, etc etc). Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions about sleep on a cruise ship for an active toddler? Bed rails?

She said the one they are looking at is 16 lbs. and was wondering if there is a lighter one somewhere. Thanks for any help. Lily has had "sleep issues" since an infant, but is usually pretty good with her routine, which of course will be totally disrupted!!!

P.S. My daughter has been looking at Safety 1st Home & Travel Bed Rail)

Hello! We are sailing the Pride the same time as your family. My son, Nathaniel, is two, too. We are trying to figure something out as well. He sleeps in a crib at home but when we stay in a hotel my husband sleeps with him and I sleep with our daughter. I am going to look at the bed rails today and will probably purchase one because I think that it will be the only way we get any sleep. I have also purchased a collapsible child cot - it's kind of designed like one of those camping chairs and the same place has an inflatable bed. They are not as secure as a crib but might be better. We're still figuring out. If you want the info about the travel beds e-mail me directly as I don't know if I can just post their site. mai_e@yahoo.com

Assuming you have a sofa in the room, you can think about turning it to face the wall and making it up as a bed. If you can picture it, it makes an enclosure on both sides - not good for a tiny infant but should work for a two year old.

Hi,

I took a bed rail on a cruise with our 2 year old and ended up not using it, because there was no way to attach it to the sofa bed. We were in a mini-suite on the NCL Jewel and there was free space under the sofa, so no place to put the bed rail (usually attached between the box and the mattress).

Make sure you call customer service and ask them if a bed rail will work for your room arrangement before buying a bed rail.

You can try to find my old posting from about 1 year ago on this forum with a picture of the sleeping arrangement that worked out for us. - it is way back with the last post date on January 8th 2006. It also contains a lot of info of traveling with a 2 year old.

Some people buy the inflatable toddler beds (sold at Target etc.) that seem to work well for toddlers.

Cheers,

Rada

• 2 weeks later...

When our son was 2 (1994), our double bed was against the wall and I just slept with him while my husband slept in the single. It kept him safe, we didn't have to worry about him falling out bed.

Like someone else posted, when in hotels, we usually sleep with a child each. Our daughter with me, our son with my husband.

Archived