enchantment - the cruise that almost wasn't!

We just got back from the 5 day Enchantment Cruise (7-5 thru 7-10)

First, let me say this was the best cruise yet, the ship was beautiful, the crew great, the ports wonderful!!!

now for the nightmare!!!!

We had an 8:30 flight out of St. Louis on the 5th, with a stop over in Orlando, to Ft Lauderdale to arrive at 1:30

St. Louis had a major storm roll through about 8:00, causing a rain delay.

After storm passed, we boarded the plane got onto runway, another storm hit....

Another rain delay.

Finally took off aroun 11:00, got to Orlando, missed connecting flight!

Caught next flight to Ft Lauderdale at 3:00

Asked in Orlando if we would be able to get to ship before 5:00, they told us to catch a taxi and tell him to step on it!! should be no problem!! ha!

we got to ship a little after 4:30!!!!

looked like a ghost town at terminal.

dropped off bags with porters, had to walk all the way around front to check in...

NO ONE IN SIGHT!!!!

Thought we missed the boat!!!

Finally, someone directed us to the check in point.

got onto the ship with carryon luggage in tow.

The mustering drill was in progress!!!

we were directed to go directly to our station (on the 10th floor!) no elevators allowed!

Every crew member we came into contact with asked us where our life jackets were!

We told them we haven't even been to our room yet!!! (we got the strangest look from each crew member)

Talk about a close call!!!!!

Learned my lesson... get air through cruise line or fly in a day early!!!!

After that fiasco, we all had a great time!!!!

If you had gotten your air thru the cruise line, would there have been any difference? Just because you have RCCL air, doesn't mean they will wait for you. If there are 40 or 50 people on a late plane, they may wait a few hours, but for just 2 people......

Sorry you had such a bad start! I am glad to hear it ended up being a wonderful trip. We leave 9/9/04 on the Enchantment and can't wait! We have never been on this ship. We were on the Voyager last year and loved it. It's nice to see good reviews on Enchanment since we don't know anyone who has been on it. One question, does late seat dining have to see the shows before dinner? I was just curious. Thanks!!

Poor Rusty! You must have been so stressed - I can't imagine the feeling. So glad you made it. I hope you had an extra-strong boat drink or two to get you relaxed afterwards!

Wasn't the cruise fabulous?! The ship is exquisite. Everytime we docked somewhere with other ships in the vicinity, it was by far the nicest looking ship in town! I was so impressed with everything, especially all the staff members. Each and every one I came into contact with was friendly and helpful and just plain nice! Did you hear that this was Matt Baker's last cruise for awhile? I'm so glad we caught the last one - he was such a hoot. I also heard that next year, Enchantment goes into dry dock to be split in half and enlarged through the middle? Who knows how accurate this info is, but my DH said they'll have to rename it, "Enhancement of the Seas!" (this was his best joke all week!)

I'm working on my review, which is SO long, but I've been doing nothing but thinking about it since I've returned. When does the house and office stop rocking, by the way?

Archived