Cruisin' the Holiday next April

JayDeeJay

Does anyone have any recommendations for shore excursions? And how did you like the ship itself?? We've been on the Fantasy(twice) and the Ecstacy; this will be our fourth cruise on our third ship. So far we've been MORE than pleased with our previous experiences.

We've been on the Holiday several times. In Cozumel we have done the Passion Island Adventure, buy bus and ATV and enjoyed that. My hubby has played golf a few times. The last few times we have been we just hopped a cab and went to Paradise Beach. Check the ports of call section and you will find a ton of info on things to do in Cozumel.

The Holiday is still my favorite ship for many reasons. That said - just bear in mind that she is the oldest and smallest in Carnival's present fleet, and doesn't have all the bells and whistles like the newer ones. There's no atrium, and you might miss some of the other glitzier things. Great staff, crew, and entertainment last time I was on the Holiday; I think the food was a tab better than any other ship I've sailed on.:)

Sailed the Holiday three times, most recently June 19 sailing to Coz and Calica. I found the ship to be in remarkably good condition; new fixtures in the bathroom and heavenly bedding; great food (on lobster night, they'll bring 'em as long as you'll eat 'em) and wonderful entertainment. Can't say enough about the friendly crew. Passengers also seemed to be among the friendliest I've experienced on a cruise ship. I did the beginner's scuba in Coz; very reasonably priced and well worth doing (think I could get addicted to scuba diving). Chankanaab has re-opened and I highly recommend taking a trip there for the day. Took a tour to the ruins at Tulum in Calica, lots of history and gorgeous scenery. I think the Holiday is a great choice. Have fun!

We just came off the Holiday a week ago. We had a great time on the ship and Coz/Calica. As for the ship I found it very interesting compared to the Fantasy but thats like comparing apples/oranges. The ship is in great shape and plenty of things to do. Food was on par but nothing really stood out in my mind. My only complaint was no apparent enforcement of any type dress code in the dining room (evening meal). I would sail on the Holiday again.

While in Coz we hired a taxi for the day to drive us around and show us the island-$85/5hrs. In Calica we took a cab to Tulum and toured the ruins then we got our hired ride to take us to explore Coba so I could climb the pyramid. We spent 1 1/2hrs in Tulum and 3 1/2hrs in Coba and still made it back to the ship with an hour to spare. Excursion are dependant on what you are wanting to do.

Archived