MaxiGlide Hair Straightener

NJDragonLady

I'm guessing (since no curling irons are allowed) that I won't be able to bring my MaxiGlide Hair Straightener either :eek: ...which means 10 days of unmanagable hair. Will they confiscate it if it's in my carry on bag?? I'll be on a HAL ship...do they provide hair dryers? And if so are they any good? I have medium length, wavy (curly in some places...not so curly in others with full widows peaks and cowlicks) and I will have no idea of what to do with it other than clipping it up every day. Thanks...any help or ideas would be great!! :o

I have never been on a HAL ship, but I'd be very surprised if curling irons (or any other type of hair appliance) aren't allowed. So, go ahead and take your straightener.

As for the hair dryers, it's been my experience that they aren't very powerful and passengers prefer to take their own. My hair is short and curly, so they work fine for me (and one less thing to pack - YAY!), but if you have long-ish and/or thick/coarse hair, they might not work for you.

T

I brought a curling iron, and a straightener on my last cruise. I haven't read anywhere that you can't...Just wished I had read the advice alot of people have posted here about bringing a power strip 'cause I remember there wasn't enough outlets...;)

Posts on the HAL board indicate that in addition to the wall mounted hair dryer in the bathroom, on most ships that have undergone their Ships of Excellence or whatever upgrade have a "european" hair dryer in the drawer in the living/bedroom area. You can search that board (HAL) for more information on the hair dryers.

I got my documents last night for my 10/28 cruise and I read all the fine print--absolutely nothing prohibiting haircare appliances.

Is is true that woman with straight want curley hair. And woman with curley hair want straight hair?

I am very happy with the maxi glide,

from

http://www.folica.com/Maxiglide_Hair__r1778_1.html

Straightening hair has never been easier than with the Maxi glide by Maxius.

from

http://www.hairstraightening.net/Maxiglide-hair-straighteners.html

I think most women aren't happy with what they have. The ladies in work love that I can do so many things with my hair, but when it takes longer than 10 minutes I get frustrated. Today (raining in NJ) I decided not to fight it, I just rubbed some gel in it and let the curls and waves do what they want. That's the problem with mine though, there are spots of straight, then waves, then curls with areas that stick out...oh well, what are you going to do.

I got the MaxiGlide a few months ago and it is GREAT! The only problem some people have is they squeeze the plates together to tight and they end up breaking their hair.

I have hair like yours... some curls, some waves, and some sort of in between. I hate it, but when I fix it, I can do so much with it. I just hate spending a lot of time on it. I need to try this Maxiglide thing... it sounds dirty haha. :) I use a Vidal Sasson hair dryer with the brush on it to straighten mine.

Archived