Any info on Handicap cabins 6156/6167 on Vista class

SueOverend

Hi,

Having just switched my reservation to an SC Guarantee due to an unbeliveable price cut over our confirmed SC Cabin. Reckon we'll probably end up with either of the above cabins, but I can't seem to find any info on them. If any body has any details / photos / first hand experience, I'd love to know. We're sailing on the Oosterdam, but I think they are the same on the Westerdam and Zuiderdam. I know we'll have a great time whichever cabin we get assigned, but I'm just trying to prepare myself for the worst scenario!

Hi,

Having just switched my reservation to an SC Guarantee due to an unbeliveable price cut over our confirmed SC Cabin. Reckon we'll probably end up with either of the above cabins, but I can't seem to find any info on them. If any body has any details / photos / first hand experience, I'd love to know. We're sailing on the Oosterdam, but I think they are the same on the Westerdam and Zuiderdam. I know we'll have a great time whichever cabin we get assigned, but I'm just trying to prepare myself for the worst scenario!

I am confused by your post. I was told by HAL that there is no such thing as a "handicap guarantee" so I am not sure I understand why you think you will end up in a handicap cabin.:confused:

If you booked an SC guarantee you can end up in any SC.....or a higher category such as SB, SA, etc.

I am confused by your post. I was told by HAL that there is no such thing as a "handicap guarantee" so I am not sure I understand why you think you will end up in a handicap cabin.:confused:

If you booked an SC guarantee you can end up in any SC.....or a higher category such as SB, SA, etc.

Sorry to confuse. It's not a handicap guarantee. In fact we don't want a handicap cabin - i'm assuming that as we have a guarantee that that is where we will probably end up, as I've heard people before say that these are least desireable for the 8 SC Cabin's. We stayed in an SA last time which was wonderful and I'm just trying to prepare myself for what these cabins will be like, should we end up in one!! We will make the best of whatever cabin we end up with, due to the fab price - but i'm a sad info junkie when it comes to cruising!

My email address is sueoverend@aol.com, for those photos!

Sorry to confuse. It's not a handicap guarantee. In fact we don't want a handicap cabin - i'm assuming that as we have a guarantee that that is where we will probably end up, as I've heard people before say that these are least desireable for the 8 SC Cabin's. We stayed in an SA last time which was wonderful and I'm just trying to prepare myself for what these cabins will be like, should we end up in one!! We will make the best of whatever cabin we end up with, due to the fab price - but i'm a sad info junkie when it comes to cruising!

My email address is sueoverend@aol.com, for those photos!

I will send them to you, but I hope some nice handicapped person gets one of them and has the thrill of their lives. Hopefully you will be upgraded even higher to another "S".

Sean you are so nice and I do want to agree with you and hope that a handicapped person gets the room and has their dream cruise also. This is my dream cruise. I don't know why people would say these are the least desirable. I think they are great rooms for people who need them and want the amenities.

Sean you are so nice and I do want to agree with you and hope that a handicapped person gets the room and has their dream cruise also. This is my dream cruise. I don't know why people would say these are the least desirable. I think they are great rooms for people who need them and want the amenities.

Rhonda,

Maybe they don't like the toilet in the shower LOL:D

The toilet in the shower is the sort of info I needed, and also my main reason for not desiring one of these cabins. I do hope, as you all say, that somebody who needs these facilities gets the cabin and that we get something else. If not, at least I'm prepared and will know what to expect.

However, I know that HAL has a rather odd upgrade policy for those already booked in Handicap cabins, and tends to upgrade to normal cabins without checking their guests needs. It can't be difficult for them to get this right and it would be lovely if handicapped guests could also be visited by the upgrade fairy and placed in a higher grade handicap cabin.

The toilet in the shower is the sort of info I needed, and also my main reason for not desiring one of these cabins. I do hope, as you all say, that somebody who needs these facilities gets the cabin and that we get something else. If not, at least I'm prepared and will know what to expect.

However, I know that HAL has a rather odd upgrade policy for those already booked in Handicap cabins, and tends to upgrade to normal cabins without checking their guests needs. It can't be difficult for them to get this right and it would be lovely if handicapped guests could also be visited by the upgrade fairy and placed in a higher grade handicap cabin.

Exactly how I feel......As the system is now, handicap people are not eligible for upgrades. I hear it has happened, but there is no way they can book a guarantee and be sure they will be upgraded to a better handicap cabin.

Archived