Key West Dive Op?

Hilary

I went last year and was very upset with the dive service they used. The trauma of the event banished the name from my memory.

They advertised in RCCL a two tank dive. When we got there, they only wanted to give us a one tank dive. I had to use my legal experience, threats of deceptive trade practices act, adverse reports to RCCL, and the other 10 divers' colorful comments to get the firm to give us a two tank dive. HOWEVER, what we got were two 30 minute night dives in two locations along the inner reef. It was the first time in my live I had to take a few after-dive drinks to calm down.

I would recommend NOT using ANY cruise line's dive service. Find one from the board, your local dive shop, recommendations, etc. RCCL is wonderful in going from point a to point b to point c to point d, but their dive vendor was just bad.

THANK YOU for the information!! We just dove in Key Largo and asked about Key West. They said it was fun for wreck diving, but I figured the op the cruiseline would go with would keep civers on the reef (which isn't worth diving I hear). I think we'll be skipping Key West as a dive spot on this trip!

I've done some research on the other island dives we're interested in and we're going to risk booking through the ship. We've done too many cruises that have missed ports, or had schedule changes, and I'm not willing to risk $150 or more (2 divers) because I couldn't cancel a private operator with enough notice.

Archived