soda card

F858MM

Unless you're going on a world cruise, why do you need a soda card anyways? The water/juice is fine. It's not freshly squeezed but it's more than capable of sustaining you. Juice like apple juice and such is free in the dining room for supper.

BTW, just to add to all of this. I have experience with FREE SODA, so I wonder if they have changed it or made it more difficult. I could get free soda at the buffet....no one stood there to see if I had a card.

Why do you feel that it's acceptable to tell others how to enjoy their cruise? What you mean is that you feel that water/juice is adequate and the you don't need a soda sticker. It's really not your business why (or why not) anyone wants to purchase the soda sticker. It's not your place to dictate or lecture to the rest of us as to what we prefer.

beachchick

I usually bring along a 6-pack of bottled soda to drink as they do not carry my kind of soda. I use the space in my suitcase where the soda was to pack souvenirs for the way home. :D

As for just drinking water, I for one do not like the taste of water but do like the taste of my soda just the same way as there are those who like their coffee.

Why do you feel that it's acceptable to tell others how to enjoy their cruise? What you mean is that you feel that water/juice is adequate and the you don't need a soda sticker. It's really not your business why (or why not) anyone wants to purchase the soda sticker. It's not your place to dictate or lecture to the rest of us as to what we prefer.

beachchick

I'm sorry you took my own opinions the wrong way. It's a board, no need to get angry - just my personal experience, and I am a pop lover! :o I just wanted to offer a different perspective to the question. Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
I've been charged for every soda I've had in the dining room and the buffet. Soda is not free and it's unfortunate that the people on the phone don't know that. It would be really big news if it were changed and the soda was free.

Here's my question...understand from other posts that they charge around $2 for soda in the dining room. Is it fountain soda or canned soda when you're paying for it? And, if it's fountain soda, are they charging for refills too - so if you ask for a refill it's really $4? Just trying to decide if soda card is worth it.:confused:

Here's my question...understand from other posts that they charge around $2 for soda in the dining room. Is it fountain soda or canned soda when you're paying for it? And, if it's fountain soda, are they charging for refills too - so if you ask for a refill it's really $4? Just trying to decide if soda card is worth it.:confused:

When I ordered soda in the dining room it was in a can, the total was $2.01 :D

###

It's a can, and you pay for every can.

The soda card is worth it if you will be drinking at least four sodas on board EVERY day of your cruise, including days in port.

It's a can, and you pay for every can.

The soda card is worth it if you will be drinking at least four sodas on board EVERY day of your cruise, including days in port.

4 sodas a day, wow!!!!!!! I wish they had a bottled water card! LOL

Thinking about taking a case of bottled water. You think I could send it through with my luggage in a piece of luggage of, course?

Does anyone know if it is club soda or seltzer? There is a difference, club soda has sodium and seltzer does not. I drink several bottles of seltzer a day, it would be totally worth it for me if it was seltzer....however, I may have to rough it if it is club....better than soda any day of the week (for me) please no flames :o

Going on the Explorer in October wanted to know what the price is for a soda card. When you uses the soda mugs do you still need yours seapass card?

Just off the Explorer. I still showed my card even when I had cups filled. Remove tops of cups before handing to waiters to fill because they don't want to touch them with their hands just as a sanitary protection. Most of time I just showed my card at any bar or at diningroom and got soda in a glass. I just got off the Explorer and soda is not free in the windjammer, diningroom or anywhere else! Only lemonade and ice tea is free. Juices are free for breakfast hours ONLY. Soda card does not work for room service as they only deliver cans so you will be charged for soda's. Soda card only good for fountain sodas and certain juices. The coke cup things are huge so we really did not want to carry them around with us on ship but they are good to fill up in port before going to beach. Coffee, tea, ice tea, lemonade always free in diningroom or windjammer but we were charged for coffee at Dizzy's just so you know. Also coffee place by promanade cafe is not free. Have a great cruise! :)

4 sodas a day, wow!!!!!!! I wish they had a bottled water card! LOL

Thinking about taking a case of bottled water. You think I could send it through with my luggage in a piece of luggage of, course?

I pack my bottles in it my luggage. When I drink them it then makes room on the way home for the souvenirs I purchase. :D

RC may be different, but even though it is called a Fountain Card, on Carnival ships, it all comes from a can. The only difference is with your fountain card, they pour it in a small glass so you're getting about half a can.

I always pack my water in a small suitcase and check it through - however, on Explorer in September, the guy coming through security right after me put through a whole case that he was carrying on - no problem.

Archived