soda card

F858MM

Going on the Explorer in October wanted to know what the price is for a soda card. When you uses the soda mugs do you still need yours seapass card?

Here's adult and childrens. ;)

ADULT FOUNTAIN SODA/JUICE PACKAGE

This package entitles guests 18 years of age and older to unlimited consumption of fountain sodas (no cans) and juices at all bars and lounges, Windjammer, Dining Room and Private Destinations (CocoCay and Labadee). This package is available for purchase on the day of embarkation at all bars and lounges and may be charged to your SeaPass account. After this package has been purchased, a sticker will be placed on your boarding card allowing you to consume fountain sodas (no cans) and juices throughout your cruise. A complimentary Coca Cola souvenir cup is included as part of the package.

Juices that are included in this package are orange juice, grapefruit juice, pineapple juice and cranberry juice. Juices are complimentary for all guests during breakfast.

The cost of the package is $6.00 per person, per day, and is applicable to the total days of the cruise vacation. A 15% gratuity charge will be added.

Please note: The fountain soda / juice package is only available for the total amount of days of the cruise and prices are subject to change without notice.

KIDS FOUNTAIN SODA/JUICE PACKAGE

This package entitles our younger cruisers (guests 17 years of age and younger) to unlimited consumption of fountain sodas (no cans) and juices at all bars and lounges, Windjammer, Dining Room and Private Destinations (CocoCay and Labadee). This package is available for purchase on the day of embarkation at all bars and lounges and Adventure Ocean and may be charged to your SeaPass account. After this package has been purchased, a sticker will be placed on your boarding card allowing you to consume fountain sodas (no cans) and juices throughout your cruise. A complimentary Coca Cola souvenir cup is included as part of the package.

Juices that are included in this package are orange juice, grapefruit juice, pineapple juice and cranberry juice. Juices are complimentary for all guests during breakfast.

The cost of the package is $4.00 per person, per day, and is applicable to the total days of the cruise vacation. A 15% gratuity charge will be added.

Please note: The fountain soda / juice package is only available for the total amount of days of the cruise and prices are subject to change without notice.

s.gifs.gif

I just called RC and they confirmed that soda is free in the dinning room and buffet.

Call back at least three more times and see what you get. :D Ask yourself. If that were true, Why sell the soda cards? :confused:

They are definitely, 100%, not free anywhere on the ships. Maybe if you are Diamond and above you can get them free in the Concierge Lounge, but that's it.

Please forgive me if this has been asked before, but when do you sign up for the soda cards and is it true that ice water, iced tea, and lemonade is served free of charge?

This package is available for purchase on the day of embarkation at all bars and lounges and may be charged to your SeaPass account. ;)

On the Navigator they had tables set up outside the Windjammer buffet and on the Promenade also.

Yes, the other beverages you mentioned, ice water, iced tea, and lemonade are served free of charge.

I just called RC and they confirmed that soda is free in the dinning room and buffet.
If someone at Royal Caribbean's customer service department really told you that, it's just plain pathetic.

Sorry, mcjdpj, that's just flat-out wrong. Soda is free nowhere and at no time on a Royal Caribbean ship. (with the tiny exception of what Alexis posted: in the Concierge Lounge and only during cocktail hour in the evening) I hope that you don't mind terribly much that the phone-answerers are so unreliable. Fortunately, you have found the place to find CORRECT answers. :)

Please forgive me if this has been asked before, but when do you sign up for the soda cards and is it true that ice water, iced tea, and lemonade is served free of charge?
Yes, tap water (with or without ice), iced tea and lemonade are all included in your cruise fare.

Sign up for the card within the first couple of hours of boarding. Depending on your ship, you can buy them in the Royal Promenade, in front of the Windjammer, or from either roaming waiters or bartenders in some or all of the bars.

Called three times and got someone else each time. They all said that it was free during the dinner and buffets.

Sorry to tell you this, but unless the policy changed this week, they are wrong. Soda is not free on RCCL, not even at dinner or in the buffet.

Called three times and got someone else each time. They all said that it was free during the dinner and buffets.

If no one can convince you it is not free, here's a "heads up for when you get on board." Make sure if you want soda, that you go and get the soda card on the day you board. Otherwise, you will be paying $1.50 - $1.75 per can and then a 15% tip automatically added on to that. ;)

This package is available for purchase on the day of embarkation at all bars and lounges and may be charged to your SeaPass account. After this package has been purchased, a sticker will be placed on your boarding card allowing you to consume fountain sodas (no cans) and juices throughout your cruise. A complimentary Coca Cola souvenir cup is included as part of the package.

They certainly werent free on the Explorer last year, had to show the waiter my card then of course after the first night he remembered so I didnt have to show it again, you dont have to carry that big cup around either, which to me was a pain, I just got fountain cokes at Cafe Promenade by showing my card and in the Wimdjammer they brought me coke in a glass by showing my card.

And, nope, you can't use the mug without the seapass card sticker. At least once on Explorer last week, they were selling some drink on the pool deck in the mugs so people without stickers had them.

My experience was the opposite. All I had to do was hand over the mugs and they were filled. The only time I had to show the Seapass card was night number one in the dining room.

Just of NOS sat. Soda package was like $48 total including tax and tips. We got a free coca cola mug which u can use through out the ship to get free refills without your seapass card which they put a coke sticker on it. Without the mug u can present your seapass card and get free cokes anywhere on ship. In dining room you get free coke. just present your dining room card first night. After that our asst waiter remembers and just brings us the coke. Windjammer the pop stations were open to use and there was a sign which just saids please use if only u have a soda package but if any regulates it I dunno.

No card is needed if you ask nice enough.

That is not true. No card may be needed if you ask specific servers nicely enough, but most won't because they can get in trouble and be disciplined or fired if they do this. Why would you want them to risk their jobs just to get you some "free" soda. That soda could be extremely costly to them!

beachchick

If I'm not mistaken you can save a "little" on your soda card if you wait until after the ship has sailed, once you leave port you won't be charged sales tax.

mcjdpj, good luck if you really believe you will be drinking free soda.

What sodas can you get on the soda card?

Is it just coke, or can you get club soda and ginger ale?

I'm wondering if I could get cranberry juice with club soda?

You can get club soda and juice on the card.

The sodas you get on the card are the fountain sodas (Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, club soda).

RCCL also has Diet Sprite available but it is only in the cans so is not available on the soda card.

Unless you're going on a world cruise, why do you need a soda card anyways? The water/juice is fine. It's not freshly squeezed but it's more than capable of sustaining you. Juice like apple juice and such is free in the dining room for supper.

BTW, just to add to all of this. I have experience with FREE SODA, so I wonder if they have changed it or made it more difficult. I could get free soda at the buffet....no one stood there to see if I had a card.

You are good :D My mom just asked if Diet Sprite was available today! Thanks Wrona :D

You're welcome. I can't drink regular sodas and don't drink caffeine, so when they started having Diet Sprite onboard I was really happy.

Be aware that sometimes you can't find it in all the bars on the ship, but if you search you will find it.

Archived