Best Way from Vanc to Seattle?

JohnQ

Am considering rt air to Seattle and then rt from seattle to anc and not using return fare to save $300 each or a 12 hr+ flying day. Need to know best way to get back from Vanc to Seattle? Amtrak which shows bus? Gray Line bus? one way rental car? If we did rental car, where would be closest place to vanc port to pick up car? Any problems with not using return fare? Cheapest short flight was going from Calif to Phoenix and then to Anc!!!Who costs these things?

Our group is taking one way on Quick Shuttle. They pick up 3 times the morning our ship returns to Canada Place, 9:05A, 9:40A, and 10:50A. The bus will be right there at the terminal. The one way fare to Seattle airport is 41.00.

Melissa,
That sounds like a great deal. I checked with Orbitz and I was seeing day rates at $20-60 but the total cost shown for 1.5 days was $280-400!! No explanation and no one way charges mentioned. Even if that was Can it shouldn't be anywhere close. Expedia was giving me rates of more like you said. Thanks.

Jeano,
Does this shuttle handle all the cruise luggage too? That is the part that scares me. If we decide to fly back that night, the shuttle may be the way to go and if we stay until next afternoon, maybe car is better. I wanted to hear from some who have done it. Should I expect big delays at border with a rental car?

We are Vancouverites who often fly out of Seattle to save the $$$

We generally use the Quick Shuttle bus as it is fast and comfortable and at $41. very affordable. the trip Vancouver to Seattle Airport is about a 3.5 hour trip including the border on the bus. Buses get priority!

Yes they will handle your luggage.

I would still not book a flight out of Seattle any earlier than 5 or 6 pm. Better if it is the next day then you can take your time and not worry!

If you decide to go by car that is OK 3 of the major car rental companies have kiosks right in Canada Place (the dock).

If you have more questions just ask.

Ann

I mostly drive, but took Quick Shuttle once- allow 4 hours as they can make several stops. I have rented from National, Avis and Budget- be certain to get a DOWNTOWN Vancouver pickup and NOT the airport. Easy to walk to the offices without luggage and mobility limitations, has always been faster than the shuttle lines for me. Few cars are physically at Canada Place. As for rail- one train per day leaving around 6pm, but add at least $30++ for cabs.

Yes, they will handle all luggage for you. Many in our group are flying in on 9/17, spending night in Seattle, and leaving on train next morning. Priceline room was 40.00, one way train is 23.00, for return, Quick Shuttle is 41.00 and another hotel night on Priceline was 40.00 for Seattle airport . Their roundtip air was 225.00, so for a couple the total for air, hotels, transportation is 594.00 [297.00 each] compared to roundtrip air to vancouver 570.00 per person, they are saving a total of 546.00 by going to Seattle. Going over the border with train or Quick Coach is very easy, much more so than driving a rental car.

JohnQ, maybe Orbitz was including a drop-off fee...just not telling you about it. I made my reservation thru Hertz directly. Correction: there is not a shuttle to take you to the Hertz office, but they do reimburse your cab fare, up to $15 i think. I believe their office is only a few blocks from the cruise terminals. We were going to take the Quick Shuttle, but wanted to have the option of staying in vancouver for bfast/shopping/lunch, etc...and not having to stick to any schedule.

Archived