What to wear for zip line?

robster18

We wore our shorts & tank tops, my DD wore shorts and bathing suit top so anything goes as long as it is comfy. We all wore our water shoes because they were light and the soles have good traction for landing on the platforms. Don't forget to bring the deep woods off! It is great, you will love zip lining.

What is a zip line you ask? Google it and you'll probably find some pics. It is an adventure excursion, where you get hooked to these very long cables and you "zip" along the line, pretty fast usually, through some sort of heavily forested area. The one I did in Mexico we did about 12? ish lines. Each stop you come to rest at a base around a tree. It is sort of like something Tarzan would do.:)

Any suggestions on other tour companies doing the zip in Montego Bay besides the one on the ship?? We were thinking about doing this in January Conquest 1/21...

Did you go through the curise line or is there another option .. and how long did it take... says it takes 4 hours so we were going to do this in the morning and lie low at Marville in the afternoon.... and is there much walking uphills??:confused:

Also golf... my husband and friend want to play golf... can we make a deal at the port or should we plan ahead and with who?

Thanks in advance....

Just off the Pride..we did the zip lines in Puerto Vallarta. Had so much FUN FUN FUN! The guides were excellent. We did 15 lines in all...the tallest going over the river and above everything...AMAZING!!

I wore lite weight capri's and a tank...it was warm and humid. I also wore tennis shoes and glad I did as there is alot of walking/hiking uphills.

I'm sure each place is a little different but best to be prepared and safe. Some of the girls tha wore thin silkie shorts complained abou them hiking up with the harness.

I brought mosquito repellant but didnt need it...guess I have sour blood! lol...my girlfriend however got 3 or 4 bites on her.

Tia...A zip line is a cable that you are attached to by a pully type apparatus.....you glide through trees and over water from tree to tree....seeing the most beautiful views you can imagine!

I'm glad to hear there is one in Jamaica...anybody GOT THE NAME OF THAT ONE? Can you book independantly?

We saved $60 bucks per person going directly through the Canopy Tour than through the ship! $71 vs $129.

My husband, daughter, and son wore shorts and tee shirts.

They had a great time and would LOVE to do it again! They were getting even better lines - so you will get to try the new ones out!

I bought them the beach/hiking shoes by Keen. They are like tennis shoes and sandals blended together. They said they were cool and worked great.

I bought them from the Herrington Catalog.

Kappy:o

It depends on which day your ship docks in Port. If its a day with a formal night you will need to wear an evening gown or tux to use the zip lines. you wouldn't want to ruin soneones zip line experience by not dressing right. LOL. :D Just kidding !!!! Khaki pants or shorts and a t-shirt would be fine.

Archived