finally a decision - now the questions

Ocean Sailor

Finally, a decision! After a great deal of deliberation we booked an SC aft cabin for March on the Noordam. Now the fun starts, but I need your help – I have so many questions!

Can anyone offer any information on the Hydro pool and the thermal spa? I have read that a package rate can be offered for the length of the cruise, but does this cover both of them? I may book a spa treatment or two but really prefer to steam or plunge within my own time frame. Anyone know the hours?

Cooking Classes!!! This is perhaps the most exciting part of the cruise for me. I know that the cruise will feature a celebrity chef but do they offer cooking classes beyond these demonstrations. (Obviously, I understand that these would not be with the featured chefs.)

Clothing! How long does it take for the warm weather to kick in? Do most people stay in New York chic for the first two days?

And finally – do they have a sushi bar anywhere on boards?

Sorry for all the questions. I am usually pretty blasé about vacations but as I mentioned in an earlier posting, my life and health have been going through quite a bit right now.

I look forward to hearing from you all!

When we were on the Ryndam , we had a guest chef on board and she did conduct the cooking class. When we were on the Amsterdam our guest chefs were suppose to conduct 6 classes but because we were in Code Red, they had to be cancelled. Each class is about 3 hours long, costs $30, limited to 12 people, and you get to eat what you have prepared. If you are interested, you need to go to the front desk as soon as you get on the ship to find out what is being prepared in the classes. Don't wait long -- they fill up very quickly.

You may want to ask the concierge in the Neptune Lounge to book the cooking class for you as soon as you board - with only 12 slots available, they will go very quickly. If I recall correctly, the classes were held 2x on our 7 day cruise - both on sea days at around 2:30 or so in the afternoon. The best part of the class was the chance to do hands-on with the chef from the Pinnacle Grill and then we were served the dishes we had made in the Grill itself.

Definitely fun and definitely worth it!

Archived