X-mas in Disneyland?

lovebug33

Our cruise docks on the 23rd of December and we wanted to go to Universal Studios the next day. Since we don't want to travel on actual X-mas, we thought about spending the day in Disneyland. It is just the DH and I. What is it like on X-mas? Is it crazy but still fun or just crazy? TIA for your advice!

Actually I think Christmas day is the best day to go, I have a friend who went on Christmas day a couple of years ago and said it was not to crowded, we went for New Years and it was insane!! It is just beautiful though with all the decorations!

We went to Disneyland for Christmas 2 years ago with 2 college aged sons and had a wonderful time. The park was decorated, many guests were wearing santa hats or other christmassy hats & shirts. It was magical.

Do go early in the day; we were told at our hotel that Christmas Day is their busiest day of the year, and that Disneyland often reaches capacity by noon on Christmas Day. Amazing but true. Oh, even if it gets full, if you get your hand stamped, you can go out & back in (we did).

So, yes, I'd recommend going on Christmas Day.

Cheers,

Mary

When my niece and nephews were younger, my Sister and Brother-in-law always used to go to Disneyland not on Christmas Day, but on CHRISTMAS EVE...

Her theory was that Christmas DAY is crowded...Families get up early, open presents and sometimes give the kids that "SURPRISE! We're going to Disneyland!" in an envelope under the tree...

She figured, OTOH, NOBODY takes the family to Disneyland on Christmas Eve...They're home doing family stuff, eating Christmas Dinner, putting the kids to bed...

The best shot was when Christmas Eve fell mid-week...like Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday...A lot of parents get Christmas Day off work...but not Christmas Eve--unless it's a weekend...

Personally, my choice is to visit Disneyland on a Wednesday in some month when schools are all in session and the weather is slightly crummy...

This is from an old Warren Zevon song, "Splendid Isolation":

"Like Michael Jackson in Disneyland

Don't have to share it with nobody else

Lock the gates, Goofy, take my hand

And lead me through this world of self..."

Anyway, an interesting thing I once read about Disneyland and DisneyWorld:

The busiest days at Disneyland are the weekend days while the busiest days at DisneyWorld are the midweek days...

It seems that with 25 million locals in SoCal, the weekends jam up...But most of Disneyworld's visitors come from out of the area...so, on the weekends, they're usually flying in or flying home...and the midweek days are the middle of everyone's vacation...

we went to disneyland last year for christmas and it wasnt real crowded,,

it was nicely decorated, and they had parades. it was really fun,

in california adventure there was barely no one there. it was really nice.

have a great time

melissa

Disneyland is great for Christmas. I wouldn't go to California Adventure for Christmas. Disneyland is decorated so much more and you get a better sense of Christmas there than at California Adventure.

Yes but the the few extra dollars it cost to get a 1 day park hopper, it's well worth being able to go to California Adventure for a few hours to get away from the Disneyland crowd for a while and California Adventure has some great ride with no lines.

Several years ago, we did the San Diego attractions the week before Christmas, and the LA attractions the week between Christmas and New Year. We went to Disneyland on Christmas Day. I thought everyone would be focusing on their presents and it would be relatively light, but wrong.....It was very crowded. I guess all South. Calif gave their kids tickets to D that day, or the folks there don't celebrate Christmas. On the other hand, the San Diego attractions the week before were light. If I did it again, I would trade the order: LA the week before, and SD the week of. But it was festive.

Bill

Archived