New to RCCL...need help with cabin choice on NOS

I received some helpful feedback on an earlier thread I posted today and I've since put a courtesy hold on a superior oceanview stateroom for the 5-night Navigator 12/8/07. I'm seriously considering canceling our 2nd DCL Wonder cruise I have booked so we can try the Navigator but I'm not familiar at all with the cabins and there are more cabin types to choose from compared to DCL so here are my questions...

1) What's the difference between the deluxe and superior oceanviews? Is it only the size? I'm used to an oceanview being a cabin with a porthole only but according to the RCCL website these have balconies. Anyway, I went with the superior since it wasn't much of a price difference.

2) I have cabin 7650 on hold, are there any stateroom reports available for RCCL cabins? (there's a Disney related website where you can look up your cabin # and find out what previous cruisers have reported about the cabin).

3) There are only 6 superior cabins left to choose from on the RCCL website, 2 each on decks 6, 7 and 10, all aft (part of why I thought I should at least put a courtesy hold on one of them). Was deck 7 a good choice?

Thanks in advance!! :)

1) What's the difference between the deluxe and superior oceanviews? Is it only the size? I'm used to an oceanview being a cabin with a porthole only but according to the RCCL website these have balconies. Anyway, I went with the superior since it wasn't much of a price difference. The size which is about 14 sq ft difference, we just had an E2 (two categories lower) and it was great. Lots of storage, the balcony is wonderful. But fair warning it is very hard to go back once you have a balcony:D

2) I have cabin 7650 on hold, are there any stateroom reports available for RCCL cabins? (there's a Disney related website where you can look up your cabin # and find out what previous cruisers have reported about the cabin). That is a great location. and deck 7 is good because it is between to floors of cabins so you don't get any noise from public areas.

3) There are only 6 superior cabins left to choose from on the RCCL website, 2 each on decks 6, 7 and 10, all aft (part of why I thought I should at least put a courtesy hold on one of them). Was deck 7 a good choice? same answer as question 2, 6 is over the promenade area and 10 is under the pool/windjammer deck.

I was on NOS sister ship Explorer and it was wonderful. The promenade (shopping/bar/lounge) area was great. IMO you made an excellent decision!

Sue

Thanks everyone, sounds like I made a good cabin choice. I'm pretty sure we'll give NOS a try so I'll probably be turning that complimentary hold into a reservation tonight. :D

Sue - I know what you mean about the balcony. We had a balcony on our 7-day NCL cruise and then we went to a porthole on the Wonder, luckily we were upgraded from an inside stateroom. When I booked the Wonder again last month I booked a balcony, and if I switch reservations to NOS we'll have a balcony. Plus DH said it was the only way he would cruise again. :D

I just turned my courtesy hold into a reservation tonight so it looks like I'll be canceling my DCL res. I called RCCL customer service and asked about additional superior oceanview cabin availability not listed on the website and he highly recommended one of the deck 10 aft cabins so I booked 1690...hopefully this wasn't a mistake switching from 7650 but from reading some past posts on here it sounds like the aft cabins are very popular due to the large balconies. I wish I could have booked one of the corner cabins but they were already reserved.

sailor05 - Thanks for the info on the sleeping arrangements, I asked the rep about that and found out the deluxe cabins have the pullman right over the bed, definitely wouldn't have wanted to switch to a deluxe with DD14 sleeping over our heads!!

My mother had 1390 on Mariner (which is the mirror image of your cabin). You'll love it! Our only issue we had with our aft cabins on deck 10 is that the view is somewhat obstructed by the infrastructure of the ship, and the balcony was in full sun and too hot to fully enjoy (this may have been specific to our cruise due to the angle of the sun in August and the direction we traveled on the Eastern itinerary.) Others complain of a long walk, but this wasn't an issue at all. The aft elevators aren't too far from these cabins, and most things (Windjammer, pool, restaurant, etc) are in the aft portion of the ship.

Archived