Boxed lunch in Denali

mephisto

definitely bring your own, or eat before you go. The bus doesn't stop and you get out and sit at a picnic table somewhere, you eat as you're going, not something that I like to do, on a bus bench seat while I'm trying to look at the views and spot wildlife.

We bought lunch at Bub's Subs before we went. It had been highly recommended, but we weren't particularly thrilled with the lunch, although they did have Pepsi products. There are several other places around "glitter Gulch" to eat, though.

The lunch provided is not even a sandwich, it was reindeer sausage - sort of like if you get one of those Swiss Colony packages with flavored sausage - and crackers I think. Not enough food if you haven't eaten lunch, more like a packaged snack of lots of things you'd never want to eat.

As mentioned- bring your own, even vending machine food sometimes beats out the tour box lunches. :) You can order from most hotels for a box lunch the day before. Have seen some tasty looking packages on my trips. You do get to eat outside on the Shuttles.

Archived