Seattle question

I posted this question on the Alaska board too, but no replies yet. Maybe someone here will know.

I read a trip report for a cruise ending in Seattle. The night before the end of the cruise, the person was able to check his luggage & get his boarding pass for the airline. It was a fee of $15 per passenger I think.

Is this for all airlines? Southwest included?

Did you have to take all your suitcases down to the pursars desk to check them? Or did they just give you stickers to put on your luggage in the hallway?

Thanks for the info. I would really like to take advantage of this service.

We were on the Vision in June. It seems as though there were several airlines that offered the service. We were flying American and it was one of them. I don't remember if Southwest was and I turned in the slip with the other names on it when we signed up for the service. We turned in our flight information a couple of days in advance. On the day before departure, we were given an envelope with pre-printed lbaggage claim tags with the appropriate flight information and our boarding passes. The luggage tags went on our bags and we placed them outside the way one normally does. We did not have to claim them the next day at all. (That was great!)

It would be worth a call to RCI to find out if Southwest is one of the airlines. If you are using RCI transfers, all the buses park at an area that can be far from some of the terminals. Lots of people had lots of luggage to hassle with between the bus park and their terminal.

Thanks for the info! That sounds great to me. I'll call them to find out for sure about Southwest.

Were there plenty of taxis to take to the airport? We usually just hop in a taxi. Not sure how far Seattle's pier is from the airport. I'm thinking I read it's about a $30 taxi ride. Not sure about that though.

I've not taken the RCCL transfer buses in a while. Last time it was a nightmare. Everyone was storming the poor driver. It was a mob. Is it more organized now, or still chaotic? Anyone know?

Archived