Excursion Prices???

lucia1024

Hi Everyone

This is my first trip to AL so I was hoping that some of you experienced visitors to AL can help with excursion prices. I am planning to go in May.

I am looking to do the White Pass Rail excursion. What is the price?

Is this an all day trip? Not sure if I should book another excursion as well.

I know that I am looking to also do an air excusion. Which port would you suggest? Juneau or Keithican? I know the pricing must vary for that.

Would you do a helipcopter or float plane if DH is senistive to motion sickness?

Thanks for your help!!!

Going to Alabama, are you? ;)

The railroad prices are on the web site: http://www.wpyr.com/schedule.html

You can do the 3-hour roundtrip that goes to the Summit, or take the new one-way train to Carcross that will be combined with a bus back - although there are no details about that yet. That trip would take ~ 10 hours, according to Yukon (Murray).

Guess I could've answered your other questions, too! We are also going on our first trip to Alaska next June, and I booked the Misty Fjords floatplane in Ketchikan with Island Wings. Since I reserved so early, we will get the 2006 price, which is $209/adult.

In Juneau I'm thinking about the Taku Lodge Flight and Feast - which is also by floatplane. The price is $225/adult. My husband weighs more than 250 pounds, so I'm sure he won't be interested in paying 1.5 times the regular rate for a helicopter ride.

I am sensitive to motion sickness, and I take Meclizine (generic ingredient in Bonine and Dramamine Non-Drowsy) when I fly on commercial aircraft, as well as for cruises.

Archived