Sky princess

Anyone know what happened to the Sky Princess? Was it sold to another line or was it scrapped? Or worse did it SINK?

She has been....Fairsky - Sky Princess - Pacific Sky and now she is Sky Wonder.

Here is a link, type in Sky Princess for photos.

http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/

Here she is Pacific Sky

PacificSky-MK-01.jpg

Here she is Sky Wonder

Sky-Wonder-01-IvoB.jpg

Ah!

Fairsky to Alaska in 1987................our first cruise.:)

Those Sitmar chefs baked the BEST breads. I never knew how much I loved bread until that cruise..............different breads at each meal

and oh..............the pasta course before the entree..............

what a beautiful ship she was.....................or is!!

JLC is correct about the name changes, but did leave out her original name,

Fair Sky.

We took her last voyage as Sky Princess, 9-00, San Francisco to Sydney; a grand trip that was a WW2 Memories Cruise, stopping at many Pacific battle sites en route.

She is the last steam turbine passenger ship built, and her turbines are giving her a lot of problems. I don't think it will too long until she heads for the scrappers - she is not an economical ship to operate.

Failed to mention that the San Francisco/Sydney, 9-00, itinerary was 27nights.

We were also on the Sky Princess 4-97, Osaka to Vancouver, 19 nights. Very cold trip that - with outside decks closed due to ice build-up in the Bering Sea. We ran out of some dairy products and veggies, due to containers of food not making it to Osaka prior to sailing. When we got to Dutch Harbor, in the Aleutians, chefs and members of the Purser's staff cleaned out the shelves of the local store!

Sky was a great ship for those longer cruises, along with her running mate, the late great Royal Princess (now P&O's Artemis).

Ah!

Fairsky to Alaska in 1987................our first cruise.:)

Those Sitmar chefs baked the BEST breads. I never knew how much I loved bread until that cruise..............different breads at each meal

and oh..............the pasta course before the entree..............

what a beautiful ship she was.....................or is!!

My wife and I were also on the Fair Sky in 87 from San Francisco to Alaska and back to San Francisco. That was with Sitmar and they included Sitka along with the regular ports that they now visit.

My wife and I were also on the Fair Sky in 87 from San Francisco to Alaska and back to San Francisco. That was with Sitmar and they included Sitka along with the regular ports that they now visit.

Hi, Bill, from Wayne and Doris Lequieu (Island Princess, 2004) We were on the Sky Sydney to Aukland in March, 1998. Loved her but boiler was out for several hours on the Tasman Sea. Got one free glass of wine at dinner for it.

Hi, Bill, from Wayne and Doris Lequieu (Island Princess, 2004) We were on the Sky Sydney to Aukland in March, 1998. Loved her but boiler was out for several hours on the Tasman Sea. Got one free glass of wine at dinner for it.

Hi Wayne & Doris, how are things there in Tuscon? The last time we were on the Sky was in 2000 Auckland to Sydney. We lucked out on that cruise as we were upgraded to a Suite and had absolutly no problens with it or any thing else during the cruise. The time before when we were on her was in 1998 Beijing to Bangkok. We had no heat in out cabin. They came and tried to fix it two or three times. Didn't happen. It only got better as we went South to warmer weather. I did like the Sky. I made two trips on her when she belonged to Sitmar and had an all Italian crew. It was wonderful, at that time she was known as Fair Skys.

Archived