1st time cruiser

liv4dalord

I am cruising on the dawn princess and want to know about clothing it says no jeans is this also in the anytime dining? If so, are dockers pants ok? we my DH & I only wear jeans. it's our attire for the area we live in. And if its only for dining can we were jeans and T-shirts every where else on the ship Also do drinks (non alcohol) come with our meals or do we pay for them? When do we have to buy bottled water and so on? :eek:

Hello Liv, you will find the jeans question is a rather hot topic on the boards, if you head over to the Princess forum you will find several active threads.

But just to tell you what Princess asks for, they do not want jeans in the dining rooms at night. Anytime or Traditional, both have the same dress code. Dockers are perfectly fine and very popular on smart casual nights, along with a collared shirt (polo/golf or dress or Hawaiian style, all fine for men). For formal nights, a suit or tux is best for men, cocktail or long gown for the ladies.

For the day, sure you can wear jeans, its fine. For the evenings, most people stay dressed as they are for dinner, especially for the shows or lounges. Some people change after dinner, but not many.

Tea and coffee, milk, and juice in the mornings, come with the meals. Soda, bottled water and alcohol are extra. You can purchase a soda card if you drink a LOT of soda, but its only a bargain if you drink at least 4 or 5 per day per person.

If you're cruising in a warm weather area, you're going to pass out wearing jeans during the day. It's very hot and humid in the Caribbean and I've not seen many, if any, people wearing jeans during the day unless it's in Alaska. Shorts and capri pants are what everyone wears, when they're not wearing a bathing suit and cover up.

All alcohol drinks, soft drinks, beverages of any kind purchased in a bar or lounge, including juices, bottled water and specialty coffees are extra.

When do we have to buy bottled water and so on? :eek:

Hi Liv:

Since Cheryl and Darcie have addressed your other questions, I will comment about your water question. In my experience, most people asking about bottled water are concerned about the safety of drinking non-bottled water. IMHO, if you are a person in reasonably good health, there is no reason to avoid the drinking water on board. From what I have read, it is industry practice for the ships to filter all drinking water. If this is still a concern, however, you may want to inquire with the dining room captain, asking her or him to explain exactly how they filter their water. Speaking of health concerns, I don't know why anyone would drink soda all day. To me it is liquid junk food.

Happy cruising...

- Paul

Archived