Any suggestions for horseback riding in Cozumel, preferably including the beach?

Cruisin' Lisa

We will be in Cozumel in August. Any suggestions for horseback riding, hopefully including the beach at a reasonable price (since there will be 6 of us)? We would like to do that in the am and then go to Paradise Beach for lunch and the rest of the time.

Maybe Tom or Sally can answer this question. We drove by a riding "stable" on the way to Paradise Beach but the horses were rather pitiful looking (they were tied up to trees all day with nothing to eat). Being a horseowner (as you can see by my screen name), I wouldn't have felt comfortable riding those skinny horses. I am not sure what your other ports of call are but the horses I saw in Honduras looked healthier.

Some of the horseback riding outfits are better than others. For instance, the horses at Mr. Sancho's looked to be in great shape. However, as far as I know, there are no beach rides in Cozumel. Even at Mr. Sancho's, which is a beach club, they ride through the jungle. I believe you can ride a horse on a beach in other ports. The alternative is a ride through the jungle and Paradise after that!

Enjoy!

Years ago you could ride right on the beach, but then it was banned 'cause the operators would neglect to clean up after their horses :( I've heard good things about Mr. Sancho's horses, so check them out and don't forget the mosquito repellant! See you after the ride!

Archived