San Juan Disembarkation

premiumrican

Going to be arriving in San Juan on Nov 4 from the Crown's repositioning cruise. I would like to know if the Pier Princess will use will have Airline check-in counters. I know RCL and Carnival do. Just wondering if we can check in our bags and get our boarding passes at the pier. It would get great if they are since I have a 5pm flight on AA.

The Pan Am Pier has check in counters for US Air. I don't know about any other airlines.

Now that is interesting. I'm booked on USAIR returning from my Crown Cruise. So, If I read you correctly, I'll be able to check my bags in at the same place I pick them up when I disembark? That would be nice, as I'll have a few hours to kill before my flight. And also, if I'm correct, I won't have to go through Customs again from San Juan?

Tourney, I'm on that cruise also, and believe we will have to go through customs in San Juan as we will have been out of the US between St Thomas and San Juan. I can't see why we would not have to go thru customs in San Juan, anyway.

Tourney, I'm on that cruise also, and believe we will have to go through customs in San Juan as we will have been out of the US between St Thomas and San Juan. I can't see why we would not have to go thru customs in San Juan, anyway.

I figure on going thru customs once, as I get off the ship. Was just thinking we won't have to do it again when we get back to the States as San Juan is a possession. I'm more interested in not having to cart my baggage back to the airport. Wouldn't it be great if USAIR does have a baggage drop right there at the Pan Am Terminal? I can just have the porter take them there for me and grab a cab to see part of town while waiting for my flight at 3:15pm.

I thought we went through customs in St Thomas and then didn't have to do it again in San Juan since that was our next stop. Is that not the case?

If your last port is St. Thomas, you'll only have to go through Customs in San Juan and not immigration. If your last port isn't St. Thomas, then you'll have to go through both immigration and customs in San Juan.

I figure on going thru customs once, as I get off the ship. Was just thinking we won't have to do it again when we get back to the States as San Juan is a possession. .

Sorry, I misread what you were saying - yes, we will go thru customs getting off the ship, not again at the airport. When you said "again", I thought you meant upon arrival in San Juan. My mistake.

Archived