How do you know.........

kylescoolmom

How do you know if there is a theme for your cruise? Or a large group is going? I read a post that there is a Rusty Wallace cruise and saints and sinners (this one sounds good)

I would love a cruise that had all different themes. ex: 1 night disco, 2nd night toga's, 3rd 50's, etc.......

I would also like the answer to this is available. We were on a cruise a few years ago and it turned out to be an annual deaf cruise. Now, please don't flame me as we met some REALLY nice people and were able to communicate with them. It just would be nice to know what you're getting into.

I could tell there was a large group on our cruise because it was booked SO far in advance...I searched online high and low trying to figure out who was with us.

Finally, one of them stepped forward on our roll call - it's a convention for retired pilots and there are over 500 of them!

We had a whole security company from Utah on our Mexican Riviera cruise last year...there were 400 of them. Had no idea they would be there either.

You might find out doing a google search, but cruise lines don't give out that information because they don't want mass cancellations if you find out there will be 600 Elvis impersonators on board and you don't want to be a part of that. As far as theme cruises go, the mass market lines don't do much of that, but you might find a couple that have cooking or wine cruises. Crystal has a theme for all their cruises such as Food and Wine, Old Movie, Big Band and Jazz, among others. You're not going to find a cruise like the one you wrote about. Most cruise lines have stopped the theme nights because it's just become too difficult to pack for those things with all the luggage restrictions.

Be aware that even if there is a large group on board, such as a Nascar cruise, if you're not a part of that group, you cannot join in their activities. People pay a premium to be with those groups and there's no crashing their parties or special activities. I was on with a large group of baseball players from a particular team, and their activities were closed to everyone but those who were a part of their group.

Archived