Need Diet Buddies on WW

robinsub

Thanx to the people who gave me the encouragement and the compliments! I just came back from my meeting and I lost 4.8! Boy was I shocked! This is proof that if I can do it, anyone can! A year and a month to go! It feels like forever, but I've heard that when there's a wedding to be planned, time flys by. Let's hope the weight flys off as fast as the time flys by!:D

Okay guys ~~ I need some major encouragement! I was doing really well -- lost about 40 pounds before a cruise in May, 2004. Came back and had gained about 10, lost that, then gained back around 5. I need to lose another 50 before the next cruise in May, 2005, but I cannot seem to get back on track. I will do really well all week and then fall off on the weekend. I keep going up and down, up and down. I know the plan works if you stay on it -- just can't seem to. Any suggestions????

Shirley

Tony,

I think what I'd do is try to save flex points for the weekend. Don't use any during the week and stay OP Monday thru Friday. Then balance out your points for both days,maybe saving a special treat for one of the days. I know its hard..you always seem to eat out on the weekends..go to barbeques and someone is always having something that involves food. I also tend to increase my physical activity during the weekend just in case I might go overboard! Hope this helps...I feel your pain! Phillis

To all you Weight Watchers - if you've gone to your meeting this week, you found out about their new program called the Core Plan. I've been doing pretty good on the Point System and I'm afraid to change. You know, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality. I'd like to hear from others as to their opinions. Julie

To all you Weight Watchers - if you've gone to your meeting this week, you found out about their new program called the Core Plan. I've been doing pretty good on the Point System and I'm afraid to change. You know, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality. I'd like to hear from others as to their opinions. Julie

I've only been on WW for 5 weeks. I feel like counting points is working pretty well for me. I haven't thoroughly read through the new materials but I think it would be easier for me to cheat on the core program. And I just don't think I could really really stick to the core foods. I'll be interested to see what how it works for those who choose to do it though.

I have to admit that I'm scared, too, of the new program. And to be honest, I really don't like to cook. I'm so used to eatting Smart Ones or easy foods that switching to the Core program is a complete change that I'm not sure I'm ready for. I agree, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" I'm sticking with the FlexPoints!

Thanks Phillis for the pointer about the flex points and increased exercise. I walk almost every day during the week, but not on the weekends. Maybe that is part of the problem too. I know it is all about getting a mind set. As I said, I'm just having a hard time getting on track. Thanks though for your help and kind words.

Shirley

Okay, everyone. I'll be the gunea pig. I'll give the new program a try just to see if it works. I'm a lifer quite a few pounds below my goal weight so it wouldn't be too bad if I gain a pound or two this week if it doesn't work out. I'll let you know next Friday how the week went. The new program sure seems a lot simpler only having to cound flex points. So...as Martha Stewart said recently, "I'll be back." Julie

Well, I need some encouragement...I have been on WW points since March and have done very well with a loss of 51 pounds. I will probobly have to have surgery in the next 4-6 weeks and I was trying to take off an extra 10 pounds for the surgery. I have stayed below 20 points for the last 5 days and instead of losing weight, I have gained 3 pounds. I have had so much water to drink, I slosh around when I walk. Any one have any suggestions? Any would be great. Thanks, Nancy

You've done great! 51 lbs. since March is phenomenal!

I had the same problem over the summer trying to get to goal. I ate less, exercised more and scale did not move, or moved in the wrong direction. The advice I got (and it must have worked since I reached goal two weeks ago) was to eat more! Your body may have adjusted to fewer points, and you should use a few of those flex points (I know, I know, I hate to use them too!) Also, are you exercising? If you are, try to up the intensity, or try something different.

Hope this helps. Give yourself a pat on the back for the long distance you've already come and good luck with your surgery!

Bobbi

Well..I'm in heaven..I bought the chocolate mini cakes from WW and yummy! Although I wished you could have more than just that two bite cake...

Nancy..good luck with your surgery..and I had the same problem with no weight loss a few weeks ago..so I added extra walking and ate normally for one day and poof..the next week was much better! Don't give up, you've come so far!

Have a great week everyone! Phillis

Hi everyone. I'm going to jump in and see if some board support will help me stick to it this time around. I joined (again) WW last week. We're cruising October 17, and I'm hoping that goal will help keep me focused.

I lost over 50 pounds the first time I joined WW about 9 years ago. Of course, I've managed to put it all and a bit more back on and just haven't been successful since. While I did it last time mostly for looks, this time I'm getting worried about my health. My knees are creeking when I go down stairs. They don't hurt yet, but this weight is really doing them in.

Anyway, glad to hear everyone is doing well with their programs. Glad I found this board.

Good luck staying focused this time! I've found it easier to stick with it if there's a reason in the long run. Mine is a wedding in September of '05. I've been slacking because I know that there's still a year to go, but when I look at wedding dresses my focus comes right back. I'll be on the Mariner in October of '05 for our honeymoon. My ship sails on the 2nd. Good luck and keep us posted!

Kim

Okay, everyone. I'll be the gunea pig. I'll give the new program a try just to see if it works. I'm a lifer quite a few pounds below my goal weight so it wouldn't be too bad if I gain a pound or two this week if it doesn't work out. I'll let you know next Friday how the week went. The new program sure seems a lot simpler only having to cound flex points. So...as Martha Stewart said recently, "I'll be back." Julie
My husband is a lifer too and HATES to count points! As a result, he is quite a bit over goal and has to get back on track... He wants to try the new Core Plan too. BUT, doesn't he still have to count FLEX points? For me, those are the hardest ones to track! But maybe with less counting that will work out for him.

Here's another question - what do those of you on the Core Plan take to work with you in a packed lunch? DH usually takes a fat free cold cut sandwich - but I see processed meats are not on the Core Plan. I am at a loss as to what to suggest he takes for lunch. He is in sales and often on the road even for lunch so he cannot depend on having a microwave to heat something. Any suggestions will be appreciated and thanks!

Let me jump in.

DW and I joined WW last year. I lost 75 pounds and DW took off almost 30. I tend to yo-yo a bit. I can put it on quick, but when I do I can take off the new weight quick. I'm now about 13 pounds above where I want to be. We have a cruise coming up October 30. I want to take off those 13 pounds, plus another 7 to get some breathing room for the cruise. I went back OP strictly last week (didn't use a single flex point in 7 days). I weight in tonight at WW and plan on updating my progress.

I've been OP since 4/04 and have lost 30 pound, i do use all of my AP and FP. You should never eat less than 20. You should eat enough to keep your metabolism working, i eat healthy meals and snacks so i can keep my metabolism working. I will stick to the winning points program since i find that is not really a diet, is a way of living, I find that the Core is more like a diet since you can't eat everything you want. Good luck for those that are doing Core, many of my co-workers that are on Core are those that didn't like the journaling and say that they love it.

I weighed in this morning b/c I missed Tues since we were still in Florida. My five night cruise turned into an eight night and I didn't get back home until Wed. I ate what I wanted on the cruise and was so worried that I would gain a lot. I couldn't believe it this morning when the receptionist told me I lost 1.2. So I've lost 9.2. I haven't done well getting back on the plan but that gives me the motivation to keep going. Going to start journaling again Monday.

Hi Everyone,

Well I am 1 lb short of 40 lbs lost and 30 more to go...not doing the Core Program..I don't mind counting points, journaling..cantwait2cruise..awesome..no weight gain..what do you attribute that success..with all the food that is available..I'm afraid I would chow down like a cow!! I'm always so successful at home and work where I can control what is available to me..but once out of the environment..I wondering what will happen? How is everyone doing? And remember..the world will be a lighter place in addition to our lighter bodies!! Keep going..we can all do it!

Cantwaitfordecember,

When we went on our cruise last year I was in a similar position. I had taken off 40 pounds and had 30 to go. To be honest, I ate like a pig. I realized I was going to put on weight, but I didn't want to feel guilty about everything I ate. So I decided that I would have fun, not worry about it and go back OP the day after I returned. I put on a bunch of weight, but had it off in a little over a week.

What I'm trying to say is have fun.:)

I have lost 15 lbs in two months and I don't belong to any diet group and I refuse to worry when a plataeu arrives making it longer for the weight to come off. The fact is I just got completely fed up with the roller coaster of lose-gain-lose-gain.

This is what is working for me: If I start feeling like a cheat dessert or anything I should stay away from, I push the thought of "self sabatoge" in the fore-front and begin to think more rationally. I don't want to go back, I want to go forward.

I eat pretty much of what types of healthy foods I want, and I don't over eat on anything. When you begin to eat for enjoyment and not for survival, you become an emotional eater and that becomes imbeded in your mind creating chronic eating problems.

I will exercise according to my physical ability and not fret over not being able to do all the exercise others can do. I refuse to sabatog myself because my health is more important than over indulgence....It's that simple.

Hi Everyone,

Well I am 1 lb short of 40 lbs lost and 30 more to go...not doing the Core Program..I don't mind counting points, journaling..cantwait2cruise..awesome..no weight gain..what do you attribute that success..with all the food that is available..I'm afraid I would chow down like a cow!! I'm always so successful at home and work where I can control what is available to me..but once out of the environment..I wondering what will happen? How is everyone doing? And remember..the world will be a lighter place in addition to our lighter bodies!! Keep going..we can all do it!

Well I pretty much ate what I wanted. I was going to try to watch it but just couldn't especially with the stress of us being stranded for three extra days at sea. My sister and I did work out a couple of the days and we snorkled while in ports. I don't know, maybe I just burned off what I ate. I've got to weigh in again today so I can get back on my Tues. weigh in schedule.

• 3 weeks later...

i've been following this thread since the beginning...ok, i'm a lurker. i didn't want to post because i seem to be the kiss of death to a thread, but this one seems pretty healthy. :rolleyes:

someone mentioned that they found the crystal light 'on the go'....i've been looking for this for months and haven't found it. can someone please tell me where i could buy this? i find it hard to drink all my fluids so this is one of my ways of getting it all in.

thanks SO much for any help.

wow, didn't realize how old this is...where did everyone go? guess i wasn't the kiss of death this time...it was dead when i got here.

but...........if anyone does know about the crystal light on the go...please let me know. thanks

Archived