Need Diet Buddies on WW

robinsub

Hi,

I was so happy to find this thread! This is wonderful! I just started Weight Watchers this week and need some encouragement. I want to lose 20 punds. We are leaving 9/9/04 on the Enchanment. Is it possible with WW to lose 20 pounds in 2 months? I know low carb diets are faster, but I can't do them more than a few days. I don't feel good when I am on it, very irritable. :( So I want to give WW a try, any advice? I know I need to start walking also. So I plan on doing that. Thanks!! :)

Thanks senior cruises! I know exercise is the most important part when you are dieting. I am going to do my best! We are going with friends and I just want to feel comfortable in my bathing suit. :eek: Isn't that awful! Oh well, thanks again!

Hi.....I started w/w the end of May....lost 19lbs so far, needed to lose badly, going on the Glory one week from tomorrow, my daughter had joined with me & lost 33lbs....it's up to the individual, we went out & bought all new clothes, she is going on the Disney Magic with her family. I use my treadmill 3x a week, I think that it's a great eating plan, you eat everything in moderation....what more could you want? So keep losing....it will come off!!!

That's wondeful Lynne! You have done great on WW and should be very proud! I am sticking to it and like you said it's a very good plan. I am not having a problem staying on it so far because you can eat any foods. I already feel better. I have lost 4 pounds and am going to start walking this week. I have been bad and have not done it yet. :( But will start.........I bet you are so excited about your cruise! How exciting that you had to buy all new clothes. I hope you and your daughter have wonderful trips, have fun!!

I also just started WW last week. I weigh in on Monday! I too would like to lose 15-20lbs before my cruise in September. I will be going on my first cruise. I will be sailing on the Voyager of the Seas. I have to get back to the gym and exercise. I went today and took two classes. I have to stick to it! Good luck!

Hi,

Been doing weight watchers since May and have lost a total 24 libs. Remember..to eat those fruits and vegetables, eat three dairy(low-fat yogurt) and get that exercise! I've been doing Curves since the beginning of June and that has really helped to keep me motivated. The people who work there and the ladies who go are absolutely supportive and it just feels good to work out. One new thing I learned this week, was that Applebees has WW meals, so a good place to eat out! I had the shrimp and it was good..not much food, but what can one expect for only 5 points. If you need a chocolate fix, WW has these really good ice cream bars for only 1 point. I will be happy to be your buddy...its much easier to lose weight when you have really supportive people in your life!! Good Luck! Phillis

I just started WW this past week. I have about 110 pounds to lose which can be so discouraging. I'm trying to look at small steps. Hoping to lose at least 20 by 9/27 when I'll be going with my husband on the Enchantment to celebrate our 10th anniversary.

Last Wednesday was my first Weight Watchers meeting. So far it doesn't seem too bad, I also need to lose 20 pounds before our next trip. I bought a pedometer to make sure I get some walking in, I walk most mornings with a friend for about 3 miles and hope to get in more miles by parking further away from work and shopping. I know I should try lifting weights to get rid of my flapping chicken arms but I am not motivated yet, maybe later.

I was so excited to see all of the posts! I was not home over the weekend so I have not been on the computer. So many of us are just starting WW. Phillis, congratulations on your weight loss! That is wonderful! I hope we can all say that in a few months. Lisa, That is wonderful that you and your husband are going away for your anniversary. We are going for our 21st Anniversary. You can do it and like you said, take small steps. Don't look at how much you need to lose. Take it 5-10 pounds at a time. Celebrate each time you reach that goal. Like buy a new pair of shoes!! :D

Kim, you will LOVE the Voyager! We were on that cruise last year for our 20th Anniversary. We had so much fun! Let us know how your weigh in goes today. Good Luck!

I agree with you U.P. Girl exercise is key to losing weight. I am starting this week.

Thanks BB mom, it is so nice to hear from someone who has lost on the program. I know it works. You just have to make a commintment to stick with it. You have done great and you should be proud of yourself. It's also wonderful to hear you enjoyed the Enchantment. We are really looking forward to it!

Thanks for all your posts and please keep in touch! Did anyone else cheat over the weekend or am I the only one?? :(

Oh and like Phillis said Applebee's is a wonderful place with the new WW menu they have. I had the chicken wrap and it was really good!;)

Hi Everyone,

Celebrate each accomplishment by buying something new for your next cruise! Make small goals, mine are always 10%..for these last 24 lbs..I bought a new travel alarm clock and a new bag to carry around all the miscellaneous things, books, sun lotion, sun glasses etc. We can all do this...just celebrate the small goals and don't look back at the setbacks! No cheating this last weekend...I've been eyeing a new pair of shoes!!Good luck everyone, remember we're all here for each other! Phillis

Lisa2004,

Don't be discouraged with the amount of weight you have to lose. Just give it time...I joined WW on March 27th and have lost 48 pounds so far. Without a whole lot of effort. The best part of it is when I try to eat a big meal, I can't do it anymore...I fill up way to fast. I lost a lot of weight a few years ago on the Atkins diet and unfortunately gained the majority of it back due to not learning portion control. WW has been tremendous in that aspect. Good luck to all of you! Many successes to each of you! Take care...Nancy

P.S. I still have about 52 to go before I cruise in June of next year! I know it can be done!

I LOVE the Flex plan on WW - I am a Lifetimer since 1978 and have been on most every plan that they ever had. I had to return to WW in Jan of 2002 to get rid of 35 lbs. It was gone by the first of May and I continued to lose until I was about 15 lbs below my goal weight and have been maintaining that ever since. The key is looking at it as a lifestyle change - I still count points and write them down and drink all my water and exercise etc. We cruise a lot and I have never gained more than 1 lb on a cruise - eating what I want - but within reason. As you are losing and changing sizes, give away ALL you clothes that are too big - that way you have to stay OP ! It worked for me - hope I don't sound like I am preaching - I just believe in this lifestyle so firmly - you can do it - it's a great way to live:)

Phillis, I love your idea about buying something special when you reach small goals. It doesn't matter how much weight you have to lose in the long run. Just take it 5 pounds at a time and celebrate it when you get there! It is an everyday battle not to eat those chocolate chip cookies I am craving!! I have 2 kids ages 16 & 10 and I buy snacks for them and it's hard. I don't want them to suffer because I need to lose weight. Although after spending all summer with them a little suffering would not hurt them. School starts in 3 weeks!!:D Not that I am counting down the days or anything......................:rolleyes:

w It is an everyday battle not to eat those chocolate chip cookies I am craving!!

Robinsub - figure out the points on the chocolate chip cookies and treat yourself to one or two depending on the points - no need to deny yourself - just have whatever works into your points for the day! My favourite treat is a 1/2 cup serving of ice cream - it works out to four points and I plan for it or use flex pts or activity points -

I lost another 2.6lbs, makes it a total so far of 21.4lbs....we went to Applebees last night to try out the w/w menu....had the onion soup, grilled shrimp & for dessert had the cheescake with strawberries....very light, but I thought everything was delicious. Has anyone tried the w/w smoothies? I think that the chocolate is the best, if you try it, put non fat or 1% milk in it with plenty of ice cubes.....it's like having a Carvel chocolate shake, only 3 pts with the milk, DELICIOUS!!!!!!! good luck to everyone & keep losing, what a difference it makes....Lynne

P.S. cruising on Sat.....when I get home, will let you know how I did with the light menu on the ship, I have to remember that food isn't everything

Lynne I am so jealous of you leaving on Sat!! Will be excited to hear about your trip. Have fun!! I have not tried the smoothies yet, but am planning on getting some. I did buy some WW "Moose Tracks" Ice Cream and it is very good! It's getting easier. It just takes some planning to make sure I have the right foods.

Hope everyone is having a good week!:)

Hello fellow WWers, I have been on WW since June 2000 and have lost and maintained my weight loss of 52 pounds. This even includes going on 4 cruises. What I found and really like about WW is that you change your outlook on what you eat and you find you don't miss certain items. On our cruises, I can enjoy the extra drinking and eating, I may gain 3 - 5 pounds, but it is worth it. When I get back home, surprisingly I quickly loose those extra pounds. Now that I am in in late, late 50's, I have (prior to the cruise) try to drop 2 - 3 pounds, after all one goes on a cruise to enjoy themselves.

Cheers, Bonnie

Thanks for the inspiration Bonnie. I am 47 and losing the lbs has been so difficult. To help I am getting up early to walk followed by a walk in the evening 3 days a week. So far so good.

Do you work out as well and if so what type of exercise?

That is one thing I have not done...my intentions have always been there, however, after 2/3 weeks, those excuses start occuring, so..what I try and do is walk at my lunch hour. I usually pick an area that I am interesting (i.e. the big mall in downtown Vancouver, BC)...it seems to be working! One good side effect is that I sometimes find that something special to purchase.

One thing I didn't mention about WW, once you start the steady weight drop, that loss seems to really give you that added boost to continue.

My hats off to all...bad habits (and great desserts) are sooooo hard to give up. But the end result is worth it!!

Cheers, Bonnie

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is well and happy and lighter this week? How did everyone do? I weighed in two pounds lighter this week and notice I've got a faster step...Bonnie, it does seem when the pounds are coming off, it does make it easier to give up those sweets...I like the mall walking idea...I wonder if I would go broke in that atmosphere, but at least I'd be SKINNY and BROKE! Robinsub...three weeks will go by quickly and then the snacks will be gone!! Has it been a rough summer? Well...watch your points and know that many people are behind you!! Phillis

You have all been such an inspiration to me. I have lost 22 lbs. since April and sometimes it seems like a long hard slog! I have another 40 to go!!!! It somehow doesn't seem that easy when you're in your early 50's and menopause is against you as well.

Can someone give me some ideas for bringing lunches to work? I seem to have run out of ideas. We leave for Europe in 6 weeks and would love to lose another 8-10 lbs before we go!!!

Hey Guys,

You are all doing so good!! That is great Zebra that you have already lost 22 pounds! I know you will reach your goal. One of my favorite lunches is to make a salad and put it in pita bread right before you eat it. It's very good and fills you up. I also like to make wraps with low fat flour tortillas. Hope that helps you a little. Phillis, that is wonderful that you have lost 2 more pounds. You are doing so good! I have to say I did not do good last week.:( I did not gain, but I did not lose any. We had family come into town and had to cook for them and ate out a few times. I feel miserable right now. I can't believe how much better I feel when I am on the program. I am even grumpy when I am not counting my points. So I am really trying to get back on it this week and be good! Hope everyone else is doing better than I did! :)

Archived