Capitol One..Game plan ?

I turned in points for 1k off and they gave me a hard time getting ship board credit due to a price drop .” cause I already received a discount”

I had to explain it wasn’t a discount . I had to earn those points and Carnival got paid by Capitol One anyhow

So say you want to redeem the 46k points for the 1000$ Would you book the cruise well in advance and wait for price drops and get credited on you sail and sign card. In the mean time keep your balance at over 1000.00$ then before final payment is due turn in your points?

Does this sound like it will work . I forget if you can keep a balance not paid for along time . or do they force you to make payments

Also when is final payment due? I forget

Does this make sense to anyone?

Our cabins are usually around 2k

Thanks

-JP

I too am curious as to the best way to "work" this, as I am close to cashing in for some $$$...

I LOVE shipboard credit though.. that would work best for me... sort of like a blank check - even LESS stress when signing for things!:D

Tom

My "balance due" was less than $1000 when I cashed in my $1000 certificate, they (Carnival) simply put a credit on my credit card (that was how I made my deposit). No questions, no hassle. Why would they not do the same in your situation?

Hmm, inquiring minds want to know...

Ted

Archived