Port of Baltimore

WebNanny

I saw in an article on Cruise Critic about Eastern Caribbean cruises that Celebrity is now sailing out of Baltimore. I don't find Baltimore as a Departure Port on the Celebrity website, although if you search for Baltimore you will come up with directions to the port.

Does Celebrity sail out of Baltimore?

Not to my knowledge. I live in Baltimore and the Zenith and Galaxy at one time sailed out of Baltimore.

Now the only line to sail out of Baltimore is Royal Caribbean- the "Granduer of the Seas". My sister and Brother in law did that one and said it was inferior to their other cruise experiences and that I "would not like it."

I think that Celebrity might come back once Baltimore gets its act together. The port was very disorganized when I embarked and disembarked. Parking is a problem.

Last November when I went to pick up my sister from her cruise, I waited until noon for them to finally get off the ship. They said the holdup was that they had to clear the crew for disembarkation first and this held up customs. I did notice only crew getting off for the first hour or two.

Baltimore just isn't a good port. I wish it were because I live here!:(

I was just on Grandeur a couple of weeks ago and left from the new Port of Baltimore.

We were on the ship in less than 10 minutes even though I was a very late 'booker' with no docs or luggage tags. Everyone was very polite and efficient. I have no complaints whatsoever.

Disembarkation went quickly and smoothly, the only holdup being the (by my opinion) idiots who carry their own luggage to get off first. Lots of them have more luggage than they can really handle and were taking a long time to navigate the exits and gangways.

Only concern I had was that at disembarkation, we had a handicapped person with us and the permission was never relayed that the car was allowed to pull right up to the pickup area. We finally walked to the parking area where the car was being held. Other than working on the handicapped access, I had no problems.

A far, far, cry from the old Port of Baltimore!! There we had to drop our luggage off in the parking lot and take a bus to the terminal.

We used to do the Galaxy out of Baltimore and miss her a lot. We now have to drive up to NJ to cruise on a Celebrity ship. Yes, we hope Celebrity would bring back itineraries out of Baltimore, but there doesn't seem to be any signs of them considering it.:(

I was just on Grandeur a couple of weeks ago and left from the new Port of Baltimore.

We were on the ship in less than 10 minutes even though I was a very late 'booker' with no docs or luggage tags. Everyone was very polite and efficient. I have no complaints whatsoever.

Disembarkation went quickly and smoothly, the only holdup being the (by my opinion) idiots who carry their own luggage to get off first. Lots of them have more luggage than they can really handle and were taking a long time to navigate the exits and gangways.

Only concern I had was that at disembarkation, we had a handicapped person with us and the permission was never relayed that the car was allowed to pull right up to the pickup area. We finally walked to the parking area where the car was being held. Other than working on the handicapped access, I had no problems.

A far, far, cry from the old Port of Baltimore!! There we had to drop our luggage off in the parking lot and take a bus to the terminal.

This was our experience taking Grandeur from Baltimore in August. So easy to go through the embarcation process and find yourself on the ship in short order, sitting down for lunch in the Windjammer. Parking was good for both longterm (right next to the terminal building) and short term. The only complaint I could have about leaving the ship was Ernesto, which had followed us up the coast, delayed our arrival, and made for some foul weather when we left the ship - but that's not the fault of the port. I was so impressed with Baltimore. That and the fact that it is closest for me has me hoping for more ships using Baltimore in the future. Not that I don't like Grandeur - I wasn't home 2 weeks when I booked the same trip for 2007.

We sailed on Galaxy out of the old port - and that was quite a show. :eek: But Baltiimore is so convenient.:rolleyes:

We are now booked on Grandeur next July for a family reunion. :eek: 50 of our closest family members - and we all live near the port of Baltimore.

I would love for Celebrity to come back to Baltimore. But am willing to give Grandeur a chance.:confused:

WebNanny, so why did you throw away free money by not booking onboard?

:( First time cruiser's ignorance and it wasn't until I got home that I realized that I just HAD to do it again. When I go back next year I will be booking on board.

Archived