price refunds to credit card time frame?

39august

I got a senior rate which reduced my upcoming cruise by a total of $220. Since this was after final payment, it will be credited back to my Visa. How long does this normally take? When I have cancelled a cruise, I have the down payment back in 24-48 hours. This credit has yet to show up and the rate change was done Oct. 2. My TA thinks it takes 4-6 weeks. I wonder why a cancellation refund is so quick, but the rate refund takes longer.

We let our TA know there was the sr discount on our upcoming cruise this past friday. I've been checking our cc and it was posted last night. I figured if it wasn't showing after a week, I would be calling to check on it!! Doesn't take them that long to make a debit post on them! Usually within a day it's charged...funny how it takes longer when they owe us!!:confused:

I had put deposits down for others in our group. I was starting to get a little concerned as I had 14 other people's deposits on my Visa. My DSIL said that she had put the deposit on to her card and that I should have had a credit at MBNA. I kept looking. Finally, it showed up about 12 days after she had said that she had done it. :D

Archived