Back From Majesty....great Getaway !!!!

My husband and I returned from the Majesty of the Seas on the 5th and it was wonderful. We couldn't think of a better way to have gotten away from it all!!! The ship was beautiful, the staff were great, and the food was VERY GOOD. If you have any questions, just ask.

George and Jennifer

Glad you had a wunnerful time :) I'm taking my first cruise on the 9/6 sailing w/ my SO. I don't have any specific questions, but I'm also interested a little more in your experiences, esp. re: dining and your cabin (I've got a JS starboard closer to the fitness center, having changed from a Superior Oceanview - that balcony sounded too good to pass up ;) )

Frank

Hi there!

I'd be interetsed in hearing more about your get-away...I am thinking of doing a weekend quickie Sept 24th...3 nights...have sailed Celebrity, Holland America and Carnival but not RCCL...

If you could elaborate a little more on the the service and the ship I'd appreciate it! And also I'd like to know about formal night as well....

Thanks!:D

• 1 month later...

Sorry I've been away from here so long and didn't get back to answer these questions. Majesty was great. The service was wonderful. The ship was beautiful. Again...The food was great. We usually went with what the waiter suggested and he was right everytime. We were on the tween deck (6). It was close to everything. We read from other posts that the tween deck was noisy but we didn't hear a thing once we were in our cabin for the night. We had an inside cabin and yes it and the bathroom were both very small but just enough for the two of us to take a shower and sleep, then venture out the next day. We thought it was quite comfortable. Our cabin steward was also just great. He always asked if we needed anything and kept the cabin sparkling. Our beds were turned down at night with a mint on our pillows and of course a different towel animal each night. We were very lucky and had a great group of people at our table at dinner. We had a Cuban couple, a mother and two daughter's from Japan, and a couple from New York. To observe all the different cultures on one ship, and to realize that we could all get along together and have a great time was really cool. As far as dressing for formal night, I would say that 1/4 of the dinning room were dressed to the hilt, another 1/2 were smart casual, and the rest were pretty casual. I overheard some people at the table next to us say the night before formal night to the waiter that they would not come to formal night because they did not have the proper clothes. The waiter told them not to worry about what clothes they had and to come eat and be there for dinner anyway. It didn't matter what they wore. It didn't matter what clothes anyone had on at dinner, everyone still had a great time. One thing I would like to pass on is that the ship was quite cold. If your cold natured, bring a sweater. I thought it was just me but I noticed alot of people buying sweat shirts out of the gift shop because they were cold too!! I was told that COLD kills germs. We had a midnight buffet that was so fun. It was a pool party/midnight buffet. That ship was jammin. It was a blast. CoCo Cay was beautiful even though it rained on and off all day. We didn't do any excursions. Just found a piece of beach and relaxed. The staff made sure that the rain would not ruin anybody's appetite or fun. What can I say? Just the perfect getaway. Would do it again in a minute.

Glad you had a wunnerful time :) I'm taking my first cruise on the 9/6 sailing w/ my SO. I don't have any specific questions, but I'm also interested a little more in your experiences, esp. re: dining and your cabin (I've got a JS starboard closer to the fitness center, having changed from a Superior Oceanview - that balcony sounded too good to pass up ;) )

Frank

We're on the 6th sailing too. BTW I think I remember some postings about a year or so ago that leads me to think we may have been on another cruise at the same time (Destiny?)

We're on the 6th sailing too. BTW I think I remember some postings about a year or so ago that leads me to think we may have been on another cruise at the same time (Destiny?)

That would not have been me - doing my first cruise in a couple of weeks. Although folks have accused me of having my brain sail away in the past... ;)

There's a few folks gathering on the Majesty on the 6th sailing for a few pre-sailing beverages. We'll be wearing green rubberbands to ID each other...

More info here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=45102

Come and join us :)

Frank

Archived