Miracle Review 10-01-06 !!!!

stephanie76

This is my first ever review and I want to be thorough so this may come in multiple parts.

My husband, myself and 6 year old traveling with some extended family ad the Marvelous Miracle Misfits. (roll call group)

Background: My husband and I have cruised 2x before. The Sensation 7 day. 9/9-9/16/2001 out of Tampa. And Sovereign of the Seas out of Canaveral. My parents have cruised much more than us.

Pre-cruise we stayed at the Chase Suites Tampa. We were meeting alot of the misfits there. We payed $139 for a 2 bed. 2 bath suite. It was basically a little condo. They provided shuttle service and let us keep our car there. We are from Winter Springs FL. (outside Orlando). We probably would not have come in early if not for the Misfit meet & greet. But so glad we did. Great hotel for extended stay too!!!

Embarkation was a breeze. We left the CHase on a shuttle at 9a.m. and were there by 9:30. We had to wait at the port until 10:30 when they open the doors but it was a nice area and as organized as a port could be. When they opened the doors everything was a breeze we had our fun pass filled out and we were sitting in the waiting area by 11:00. We were on the ship 11:30 - 11:45. It was early I really payed little attention to time from this point on. Port of Tampa was great!!!

We went straight to the Lido deck for lunch. Food was very good in Horatios all week. I was very impressed with the variety and quality at Horatios throughout the cruise. Service by the staff in Horatios was great too. All week they were super attentive without us feeling rushed in any way. Those guys/gals work so hard. Went to our room around 1p.m. No luggage there yet but that was to be expected. We were in room #5299 Upper deck, extended aft. balcony. I was very impressed with the room. This is the newest ship I have been on but I was still expecting to see signs of wear. You will not find it in that room. Even the showers look new. The Comfort bed bedding was divine. My husband and I loved them and even considered buying them. We did not as they were pricey. We slept quite well throughout the cruise. I did feel the propellors quite a bit but we liked having that gentle sound for sleeping. You definately feel the ship move a bit more back there too but no biggie. I would definately do a balcony again but not an aft. I did not personally see the big deal. But it was nice. They had Dove shampoo and Lever 2000 bodywash in the pumps in the shower. They had 1 male and 1 female razor, Emergen-C vitamin powder, toothpaste sample packs in the bathroom. We got our bags right after muster drill which was 3:30 we were back in our rooms at 3:45. Muster Drills was also a breeze. We had early seating dinner so we were at dinner when the ship was going under the Sunshine Skyway bridge. But you could sneek away from dinner for a few to snap photos if you care too. I will do some more tomorrow. I will be happy to answer any questions.

Hi Stephanie! DH and I will be in the same room 5299, on Nov 12. If you have any pictures, please post. I am anxious to see what the room looks like. Glad you had a great time, cant wait for the rest of your review.

I remember that feeling!!! My parents bought us a new Sony 6.0 cybershot its awesome. But I did not take any pics of the room. If you look at the pics from cruiseclues.com it really is the same. Sorry. There is definately couch and coffee table. King size bed. The bathroom was so clean. the room seemed brand new. No need for an over the door shoe rack. Plenty of sorage space. The bedding as i stated before is incredible. The steward was pretty good. Jose. I recommend slipping him a $20 when you get there. I think it makes a HUGE difference. You will be pleased im sure. There is a safe too. And a mini fridge. I will do the ports today when I get home from work. I could do a short one but I have so much to say I have to do a long one. Even if no one else cares. :) :)

Hi Stephanie, Thanks for the info.

We are going soon.

Just curious with what time you arrived at the port....where did you have to wait?? Was there a line up that early?? We where thinking 10:30 to get there but I want to get on the ship as early as possible???

Thanks

Kim

Hi Stephanie, Thanks for the info.

We are going soon.

Just curious with what time you arrived at the port....where did you have to wait?? Was there a line up that early?? We where thinking 10:30 to get there but I want to get on the ship as early as possible???

Thanks

Kim

We arrived 9:30-10:00. There was a line but when they opened the doors it was so smooth. I would have thought I was the first in the door. And I wasn't. 10:30 sounds perfect.

Archived