Things to do at Ports with young kids

JaimeS

Hi everyone!

My hubby and I are cruising with our three young children next month through the Mexican Riviera via NCL (stops Acapulco, Ixtapa, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo). Our kids will be turning 6,4 and 2 at the time. I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions or must see things at any of these ports that would be fun/appropriate to do with young kids. At this point I am kind of thing beaches and just exploring the towns until our kids are done in for the day but don't want to miss anything great either! I'd appreciate any feedback or info! Thanks!

Jaime

Wow, 3 small children! You might want to go the Krystal Vallata in PV and the Pueblo Bonito hotel in Cabo. Both are on the beach and have nice pools where it's easier to watch your kids having fun. Plus, at the pools the vendors on the beach can't bother you. In Cabo you can also take a water taxi out around the rocks & arch and sea lion colony for a very reasonable price. The water taxi can drop you at the Pueblo Bonito, too.

Wow, 3 small children! You might want to go the Krystal Vallata in PV and the Pueblo Bonito hotel in Cabo. Both are on the beach and have nice pools where it's easier to watch your kids having fun. Plus, at the pools the vendors on the beach can't bother you. In Cabo you can also take a water taxi out around the rocks & arch and sea lion colony for a very reasonable price. The water taxi can drop you at the Pueblo Bonito, too.

hey neighbor... we are in hercules.. just wanted to say hi..

i work in vallejo..

so how far is the krystal in PV, can you walk ? or taxi?

thanks

Melissa

Hi everyone!

My hubby and I are cruising with our three young children next month through the Mexican Riviera via NCL (stops Acapulco, Ixtapa, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo). Our kids will be turning 6,4 and 2 at the time. I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions or must see things at any of these ports that would be fun/appropriate to do with young kids. At this point I am kind of thing beaches and just exploring the towns until our kids are done in for the day but don't want to miss anything great either! I'd appreciate any feedback or info! Thanks!

Jaime

what date are you going ?? we will be on 11/14

JaimeS -

Though we're not "cruisers", we now vacation in Acapulco for a coupla weeks every January ... and would like to offer the following.

If spending some time at a "FUN" place with your young children is what you're really after, I'd suggest you take them to CICI WaterPark, located on Acapulco's main boulevard (La Costera Miguel Aleman) ... just under 4 miles east of the port.

For additional info ... and to see if this is something which might interest you folks ... CICI's website can be found at www.cici.com.mx

The site is in Spanish ... but, click the main links, then follow some of the sub-links ... and you'll see plenty of photos to give you an idea. I do know that there's a waterpark-area for younger children - and have read reports/reviews from families who say "it's a blast".

Enjoy! :)

RonVal

Archived