Formal Nights on Radiance & Jewel 6 Night Sailings???

DJHere

How many Formal Nights are on The Radiance & Jewel Of The Seas

6 Night Sailings???

We're doing a B2B on the Radiance in Nov/Dec.

Also Any Info on 50's, 70's and Country & Western Nights

on the 6 Night Sailing???

I like having the different dance nights on The Radiance Class

verses the All in One on The Voyager Class Ships...

Donna

Two formal with one dressy casual on the 6 nights.

Even though RCI online might say there's a smart casaul (dressy casual), I woulnd't count on it. Most have reported that the caribbean cruises have done away with the smart casual night.

We have only sailed the caribbean once on a 7 night cruise that was supposed to have a smart casual but, they didn't have one. Really ticked me off as there were 4 of us and we had packed all those extra clothes for a smart casual night. Seems RCI could have let us know ahead so we could have left those clothes at home.

We will be sailing Radiance on her 6 night W. Caribbean itenerary and I don't plan on taking smart casual clothes this time.

However, RCI hasn't done away with smart casual on all it's 7 night cruises. They did have a smart casual on our 7 night Alaska cruise last month. Unfortunately the dining room looked as if everyone expected them not to have it. Pretty much everyone was dressed just like they would be on any other casual night. I know we were not expecting to have a smart casual night based on our most recent experience and what had been reported on these forum and did not bring clothing for that night. Therefore, we were like most everyone else and dressed in casual attire.

The two formal nights will be the second night and the next to last (5th) night of the cruise.

We did a 6 nighter last January on Radiance from Miami and are doing a different 6 night itinerary on Radiance from Fort Lauderdale this Thanksgiving.

Can't help you on the dance night themes. We don't dance, 'cept the occasional slow dance.

See, on our 10 day cruise, only the 1st night was truly "casual"! Even on the posted "casual" nights, 90% of the women still dressed to impress! (The men, not so much--but they still looked good!) Formal nights were formal--all other evenings, most of us looked pretty hot!

We just returned from a 11 night Vancouver to Hawaii cruise on the Serenade.

We had 2 formal nights and the rest were all casual dress. We packed clothes for smart Casual but did not need them.

Wish we knew that before hand as we would not have brought as many clothes.

Loved the cruise though!!!

Thanks Everyone for the Info....

I Love dressing up for Prom Night.

We Always dress up several nights,

a bit more than Casual.

I Love Cruising and All the Activities.

So we will have 4 Formal Nights on our B2B.

Doug ~ We're Sailing on 12/3 with U.

I've been taking Country Line Dance Classes,

Hope I can Remember a few steps to teach my friend Carrie...

Hope Everyone's having a Great Weekend!!!!

Donna

Doug -- Good to know and thanks for the update....I think we'll still take DH jacket and my one planned outfit in the event there is, or in the event we decide to go to Portofino or Chops, where I think that a jacket for the men is still in effect. The two formal nights on this short cruise still makes me shake my head though....

Doug -- Good to know and thanks for the update....I think we'll still take DH jacket and my one planned outfit in the event there is, or in the event we decide to go to Portofino or Chops, where I think that a jacket for the men is still in effect. The two formal nights on this short cruise still makes me shake my head though....

Portifino's suggests smart casual but I'm usually one of the few that's dressed that way......depending on my mood and how much room I have for clothes. ;)

Most of the people seem to just dress casually. Slacks and a polo shirt on men and nice dresses or pants suits on women. Smart casual is enforced about as well as RCI enforces any other suggested attire in the main dining room.

Doug ~ We're Sailing on 12/3 with U.

Donna

Guess I was just reading the question and not paying attention to who was posting. ;) Sometimes the little details pass me on by.

BTW, I used to work at an office on Noland Rd. just north of I-70. Actually, pretty close to what used to be Levitz furniture. I've been gone long enough I'm not sure that Levitz is still there. I pretty sure the company I worked for at the time, National Life, has long since moved office.

Archived