Transportation: Orlando to and from Port Canaveral?

CWNNP

We are a family of 5- 2 adults, 3 kids ages 2,5,8 yrs sailing out of Port Canaveral on the Elation end of Feb.

I am looking into private shuttle services to go to and from the port (round trip) that provide child car seat(s) at no extra cost. I found this one called Tiffany Towncar Service of Orlando- the cost ends up being about the same as the 5 of us taking the Cruise bus.....here is their website: http://www.tiffanytowncars.com/index.html

Has anyone heard of or used this company? if so, was it a good experience??

OR do you have any other shuttle/transportation companies that you would reccommend?

Thanks!

Eden

FYI. We just rented a car for the day adn we are goign to drove from the airport to the Port and drop off the car at the rental car location there.

It is like $37 with a car seat. Beats the $30/person for the ship bus.

We did a one-day car rental, too...and we'd never been to Florida before. It's really easy to find your way from Orlando to the port, and it cost loads less...and of course, you can arrange for carseats and then you know they're all bunkered in!

You drop off the car at the Cape Canaveral rental station and then they have a little courtesy shuttle that takes you right to the port. Easy as pie!

Thanks so much for your replies,

the car rental idea sounded good but i am not so sure that we'll try that:

i checked into a couple of car rentals and so far the best price i've found is full size car (we need it to be able to fit 3 kids in the back with 2 of them being in car seats) for $43 dollars, but when i add the tax, plus 9$ per day per car seat (x2) plus something around $30 for the insurance plus i'm guessing at maybe $10 in gas...... we're looking at over 100$ to go there and then back after the cruise. Seems not worth all the hassle of taking all the extra shuttles for the car rental places with 3 kids and way too many bags.... waiting in car rental places (with 3 kids and too many bags).... having to intall the car seats ourselves..... finding our way in unfamiliar area.... for us to save 50-60$.

So I think i have my answer, we're likely going to try tiffany towncar shuttle service. :)

Not booking anything right away, though, in case we change our mind..... or come across another option....

what car rental companies did you use? ( the best price i could find for orlando-port canaveral was from Budget)

I use "Florida Towncar Service" when we are in Orlando. And they are FABULOUS. And they did have car seats. And the price was so reasonable. The guy was so darn nice. He talked to us the whole way and gave us info about the area.

I will seriously never do a shuttle again with 2 young kids. We had EIGHT pieces of luggage with us cause we were staying in Disney for a week then doing the week cruise. :eek:

He met us at our flight, held up the little sign with our names on it and everything. (Kids thought that was cool)

Then he took us to the baggage claim area where he loaded up all of the bags on the cart, took it outside and secured them all into the car waiting RIGHT outside the door.

It seriously couldn't have been easier. I just looked on their site and the price is $95 for airport to port.

http://www.floridatowncar.com/

Archived