Looking for opinions...Majesty vs Sovereign

Are there any big differences between these two ships that would make it worth an almost 4 hour drive from Orlando to sail on the Majesty vs. a much shorter drive to sail on the Sovereign? This would be for a young couple and a 4 year old.

Thanks in advance for your advice/comments,

I was going to tell you about the lack of balcony cabins. I didn't know about the port difference -- no Key West. I have heard but don't know b/c I've never been on the Sovereign that there are usually more kids given the proximity to Disney. Your 4 year old may benefit from that. I'd go w/ the cruise closer to home. Why suject the 4 year old (& yourselves) to the long car ride?

I was going to tell you about the lack of balcony cabins. I didn't know about the port difference -- no Key West. I have heard but don't know b/c I've never been on the Sovereign that there are usually more kids given the proximity to Disney. Your 4 year old may benefit from that. I'd go w/ the cruise closer to home. Why subject the 4 year old (& yourselves) to the long car ride?

I'm actually doing research for a friend...I love to plan vacations so she asked for my help. She was originally going to book a Disney land/sea vacation package but I told her I was sure she could do it much cheaper separately and by cruising on a non-Disney ship. I have a 50.00 coupon from my May cruise on RCI that she can use so I figure why not put her on an RCI ship. I just wanted to be sure that there was not some reason the Majesty would be so much better than Sovereign. She's not sailing until April 2005 so maybe there would be a chance to get a balcony.

Thanks,

Archived