Upgrade

babets

I am not personally familiar with this but I have seen others post that there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to who gets upgrades.

Some ppl have posted that it's their first RCI cruise and they get great upgrades where as someone who has been a long time RCI has never had an upgrade.

Hope this helps. Perhaps someone else will post with personal experience:rolleyes:

I'm getting an "upgrade complex" because my brother-in-law got an upgrade from ocean view to balcony on Princess last Spring and an upgrade from an obstructed balcony to a much better balcony on a Holland America cruise that left today. We are loyal Platinum Crown & Anchor members who have never been offered an upgrade. I'm beginning to wonder if my loyalty to RCI is costing me better staterooms.

These upgrades are a very mysterious happening. We booked the Serenade 5 day short Mexican Riviera cruise, leaving tomorrow from San Diego. Booked a specific inside on deck two, as we normally do and have checked my reservations several times and no change, until yesterday when I checked it for one last time just before we left as we had been upgraded on a cruise previously and never told at check in and couldn't understand why room key wouldn't open the door. Now, believe me, I wasn't expecting an upgrade, but what I saw on my reservation made me very delighted, as we were upgraded from a chosen inside on deck 2 to a Deluxe Outside on deck 3!:eek: Kind of glad I checked as I already had the luggage tags on for the inside cabin and I, with great joy, ripped them off and will get new tags at the pier for the newly upgraded cabin.

These upgrades are a very mysterious happening. We booked the Serenade 5 day short Mexican Riviera cruise, leaving tomorrow from San Diego. Booked a specific inside on deck two, as we normally do and have checked my reservations several times and no change, until yesterday when I checked it for one last time just before we left as we had been upgraded on a cruise previously and never told at check in and couldn't understand why room key wouldn't open the door. Now, believe me, I wasn't expecting an upgrade, but what I saw on my reservation made me very delighted, as we were upgraded from a chosen inside on deck 2 to a Deluxe Outside on deck 3!:eek: Kind of glad I checked as I already had the luggage tags on for the inside cabin and I, with great joy, ripped them off and will get new tags at the pier for the newly upgraded cabin.

Congratulations!!!! Talk about a wonderful last minute surprise.

Have a wonderful time in your new "oceanview" cabin.

Go to the Royal Caribbean web sight, and set up an account following the instructions by clicking "My Cruises", I believe, as it's been quite a while since I set up my account. You will need to set up a sign on name and password and once that is done, every time you go to the sight you sign in, click on "My Cruises" one of the selections is to check you bookings. You will also use this function to sign in online and print your "Sign and Sail" paperwork and sign up for any excursions, pre cruise.

You can use this function even if you booked using a cruise agent and it will just insruct you to contact them for any changes, payments, etc and mine lists them in the upper right corner of my reservations.

I have received 2 upgrades and this is only my 3rd cruise. The first upgrade we booked an inside guarantee and we were given an outside. On this cruise we also booked a inside but we had a specific cabin. A couple of weeks ago I went on a website to see what was available for cabins and saw there were 4 cabins on the Promanade for the same price that I paid. So I called RC and asked them if I could change and they said no problem so I must say I have been pretty lucky. Ready these boards gives you alot of information and help. My suggestion is keep searching the web and keep an eye on the pricing.....

Good Luck.....

Archived